Central Oregon

Hello, my Husband and I are in burns Oregon. We are thinking about getting started we are allowed to have 6 chickens here.

About 132 miles East of Bend.

I am wondering what my flock is worth.? 2 big brahma hens, laying 2 years old..... 3 Millie flure roosters and 7 Millie hens, 7 months old. 1silver pencil rooster and hen, 2 years old. ..they free range and all get along.

Oh somehow I missed this thread and just posted in the regular Oregon thread!

I live in Bend and hope to start keeping chickens in the next year or so. :)

Edit: Does anyone know the specific ordinance laws for Deschutes county? I can't seem to find them. I know Bend ordinance says 4 chickens and no roos, but the place I'm going to be living is outside city limits. I can't imagine in a rural area there would really be restrictions?

Last edited:
Oh boy, our temperature is 38 this morning. With the warmer temps, melting snow and now rain there is about 2 or more inches of water in my chicken run. Guess my girls will be staying in the coop today. Not sure if I should even open the coop door....Ugh!:(

Moving to Terrebonne soon. I have raised chickens in the Willamette valley, but looking to learn the ways of the East side of the hill.

Back
Top Bottom