Change of plans

I spoke with the breeder I got the Isabel eggs from yesterday, she said she's never noticed any differences in down color between sexes and I should know without a doubt who's who by 6 weeks old. As of right now the only ones showing a lot of lavender and a darker cream are the 2 with the yellow down, I'll try and get some pics if the rain ever let's up.

When I got home from work I had a lot of stuff to do because of the storms (feeders to clean out, poop boards to scoop, grow out coop to clean out) the wind with these storms had been in excess of 60 mph, so everything got soaked, even under a covered run. After I got all that done I decided I'd go ahead and change out the bedding in the nest box the onyx has been sleeping in with her brood. There were still a couple golf balls in there so I took them out. When she took them to bed tonight she went in a different nest box that had golf balls in it (she has gone to the same nest box trying to get the littles in since they hatched, and it's not the one they hatched in) I went to make sure everyone was in bed and took ALL the golf balls out of all the nest boxes. She had better pick a box and stick to it, or I'll have to do something about it, I will not have poop on all my eggs, smdh! She is wearing me out!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom