Chantecler Thread: Buff, Patridge, White, Red and any rare colors!

Quote:
Hi Jim and others with Chanteclers. I see that this thread is a year old, but maybe you will see this posting. I am leery of getting hatchery stock and wonder if any of you know of some better chantecler sources...eggs or chicks, any of the colors, but I'd probably prefer partridge, buff, or white. If you have eggs to sell or plan to this spring, please PM me, also if you have some contact info for getting some eggs or chicks from some sources you've heard of. thanks very much!

Also, I'm curious how your young buffs turned out, Jim, and if you got a new rooster and how the offspring are, if they've had time to reproduce. Also, what is their personality like? I'm hoping this breed grows fairly quickly into a good sized meat bird.
thanks,
Pat

Quote:
Hi Jim and others with Chanteclers. I see that this thread is a year old, but maybe you will see this posting. I am leery of getting hatchery stock and wonder if any of you know of some better chantecler sources...eggs or chicks, any of the colors, but I'd probably prefer partridge, buff, or white. If you have eggs to sell or plan to this spring, please PM me, also if you have some contact info for getting some eggs or chicks from some sources you've heard of. thanks very much!

Also, I'm curious how your young buffs turned out, Jim, and if you got a new rooster and how the offspring are, if they've had time to reproduce. Also, what is their personality like? I'm hoping this breed grows fairly quickly into a good sized meat bird.
thanks,
Pat

x2

We sold all of our Chantecle project to a fellow BYC and Chantecler Fanciers International member in Illinois this summer.

Then we added a pair of white Chantecler at Crossroads. My mother-inlaw has them now.

The buyer of the Buffs was adding another line to them. Have not heard how they are doing. Will try to locate her online and get her to join us here.

The birds I got from Jim are amazingly laid back and growing well. I haven't weighed them, but they are bulky looking. I am getting med to large light brown eggs. The personalities are wonderful and everyone gets along, even the roos with other roos.

i have bantam white chantecler one of the best breeds for colder areas great layers two
D.gif

The birds I got from Jim are amazingly laid back and growing well. I haven't weighed them, but they are bulky looking. I am getting med to large light brown eggs. The personalities are wonderful and everyone gets along, even the roos with other roos.

Sort of wish I had kept those Buff Chantecler now. Since we added the White Chantecler at Crossroads. How is that Buff/Patridge hen doing?
i have bantam white chantecler one of the best breeds for colder areas great layers two
D.gif

We sure like these large fowl White Chantecler.

I just picked up 8 Chanteclers about a week old. Hopefully they with the eggs in my incubator will be the start of a healthy happy flock
smile.png

Of course as you can see there are several types of eggs in there, but I am hoping that with a good hatch rate I can trade a few of them with other folks in Nova Scotia for different Chanteclers to diversify my genetics.

Unfortunately from my 4 Chantecler and 3 Partridge Chantecler Eggs, only 3 Chantecler's and 1 Partridge Chantecler has survived to day 10 in the incubator. Hopefully that's the end of the losses and all goes well from here. All 8 of the chicks are doing great and growing like weeds.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom