Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

None of these ebay eggs were fertile. I incubated them for 24 days. I am returning them to the seller. No I am not bubble wrapping nor double boxing. Im putting them in a grocery bag in a box with wasps

I will never, ever buy eggs from eBay ever again!

I set a dozen back in Jan (half "Ameraucana" and half were Buff Orps). Three of each hatched....50%, right? Well, all of the BOs had to be culled for severe deformities (cross beaks, one eye) and two of the three AMs were missing most of their toenails....

A week later, I set a bunch of eggs (some from a local BYCer and some from a different ebayer) and had a beautiful hatch!

No more eBay for me and no more hatching before March....I'm working on my patience! :old

No more eBay for me and no more hatching before March....I'm working on my patience! :old

I always do the annual New Years Day Hatch-A-Long. So much fun. This years babies are growing and doing so well. I have six pullets left out if my hatch, there were quite a few more but sold quite a few, and they are right now on the point of lay. 23 weeks old tomorrow. My stock usually start between 23 and 26 weeks. Love the January babies.

Last edited:
I always do the annual New Years Day Hatch-A-Long. So much fun. This years babies are growing and doing so well. I have six pullets left out if my hatch, there were quite a few more but sold quite a few, and they are right now on the point of lay. 23 weeks old tomorrow. My stock usually start between 23 and 26 weeks. Love the January babies.
I've got some valentine's day hatch along babies and they're already growing wattles and reddening. These were a cross to make the start of a project here and the purebred usually start around 6 months. I'm expecting these to start sooner.

That does look like bama's handy work
lau.gif

O Boy Greenfire Farms is having a nice July sale
ya.gif

Check it out this is the email-

Greenfire Farms is offering a limited presale for the month of July!
This is a great way to get some of your favorite breeds at a deep discount.

Below you can compare our peak season pricing vs. this exclusive summer promotion.
We are cutting prices by OVER 50% on select breeds for this special July presale!

BREED STANDARD PRICE PRESALE PRICE SAVINGS
White Pavlovskaya
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Barbezieux
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Lavender Wyandotte
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Orust
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Twentse
$59 ea $19 ea $40 ea
Niederrheiner