Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
I'm pretty sure they were well taken care of. They also had markings on the boxes of which group goes with who. They were labeled by color groups but not by their actual feather colors. I wish I knew the peoples number or a way to contact them. I'd love to know about the ducks history and if they kept charts on them like I do for mine. But I guess I will have to start from scratch on them.

Good that you think they were well taken care of, but I would be extremely mad about a breach of my biosecurity if this had happened to me.

If I were you I'd be calling that animal shelter and giving them a piece of my mind about giving my address out to strangers, and telling them that under no circumstances are they ever to do that again. And they might also have info on the people who dumped all the ducks off on you too.

Just an FYI about my openness and honesty in transactions... I had a devastating accident packing up the eggs I sold at auction this last round... I have messaged the winner @brucifer and given them their choice of options to refund their money, wait a couple days to refill the amount or to start over on a whole new collection of eggs...

I have never done this before... it was truly upsetting and I hope that they are understanding of this entire catastrophe...

Anybody got something fun saved up that they could ship out ASAP for the NYE hatchalong? Isbars? Marans? Cream Legbars?
I have a beautiful batch of Silverudd's Blues (Isbars)...laying like crazy! 1st import roo, a couple 1st Import hens, and some 2nd imports in there as well. The only possible colors are blue and splash (my black roo is in the bachelor pad).
2017-07-14 07.51.56.jpg

20171019_093411.jpg
2017-05-04 15.31.44.jpg

I gave the animal shelter permission to give out my information on certain situations like this one. I've just never had people actually leave them on my property like this, normally the people wait for me to get home. Called the shelter this morning. They said that the couple claimed to only have a few ducks but never said the full amount, but did have a phone number to contact them. They called the shelter leaving a voicemail asking if they accept ducks. Thank the heavens for caller ID. I will be contacting them later today!

Glad that you'll be able to get ahold of them!

Do you think in the future you can ask the shelter to just give out your number? Anybody that needed you to take in an animal could just call you and you could tell them yes or no. I can't think of a reason they'd need your address right off the bat.

I did ask them not to give my address out anymore, and I gave them my new cell number. So a mishap won't happen like this again hopefully!
Glad that you'll be able to get ahold of them!

Do you think in the future you can ask the shelter to just give out your number? Anybody that needed you to take in an animal could just call you and you could tell them yes or no. I can't think of a reason they'd need your address right off the bat.

How much for them please?
I was hoping to get $100 (or best offer) for each plus shipping. One ECO 20 is well-used, but the second one has been used just several times. The Mini Advance has been used about six times. I got the second ECO 20 and the Mini Advance so I can hatch multiple sets of eggs one year - during the period when my hatching "addiction" was at its peak --enabled/supported by the Crazy 24- Hour Auction thread. :D I didn't want to give these up, but since I don't know if I'd ever use them again, it's best that they get used instead of sitting in storage.
There's a hairline fracture on the bottom plate of the Mini Advance - I think it was there when I bought it but I didn't notice it until after a couple uses. It doesn't seem to affect the incubator at all as I get great hatch rates from it. I do like the Mini Advance because of the automated turning, but the drawback is that it can only hatch seven chicken eggs at one time whereas I have "stuffed" the ECO 20 with 24+ eggs when I had an over-abundance of fertile eggs. :lol:

Ravynscroft ..... I wanted to give you a update on the Cemani eggs. I removed 3 from the incubator last night after I candled for the 3rd time that didn't form. 6 of them look super good! 3 are iffy but I am not giving up hope for them. They will start to hatch a week from tomorrow. I have to say I am very pleased. Especially since this is my first hatch!

Back
Top Bottom