Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

They all seem pretty healthy. All have been weighed and match up to my ducks weight charts. Their feathers seem pretty messy/ ruffed up. As in kept in a pen of some sort that their feathers have been rubbing on. They don't like to be handled or near by me so I assume they never were interacted with. I currently have them in a shed that I had filled with hay bales. Now my hay bales are outside with tarps on them. I have a pen that is 6ft tall by 300 ft long and 150 ft wide. But it doesn't have netting on the top. So tomorrow I will be going to some stores to buy as much netting as I can to close off the roof. Another thing is I don't have a coop in that pen. It was used for Emu's a while back. Their housing was a poorly made 3.5 walled house that collapsed last year. So I called around and found a shed company who can move my shed that the ducks are currently in to the pen for me. SO before I head out to get netting, I will be clipping their wings so they arn't locked up all day.
Wow!
I'm not sure how to feel about that, but hope it all works out. Do they at least look nice and healthy? Well-cared for?

They all seem pretty healthy. All have been weighed and match up to my ducks weight charts. Their feathers seem pretty messy/ ruffed up. As in kept in a pen of some sort that their feathers have been rubbing on. They don't like to be handled or near by me so I assume they never were interacted with. I currently have them in a shed that I had filled with hay bales. Now my hay bales are outside with tarps on them. I have a pen that is 6ft tall by 300 ft long and 150 ft wide. But it doesn't have netting on the top. So tomorrow I will be going to some stores to buy as much netting as I can to close off the roof. Another thing is I don't have a coop in that pen. It was used for Emu's a while back. Their housing was a poorly made 3.5 walled house that collapsed last year. So I called around and found a shed company who can move my shed that the ducks are currently in to the pen for me. SO before I head out to get netting, I will be clipping their wings so they arn't locked up all day.

Sounds like a plan. Maybe they were scruffy from being boxed and transported.
Best of luck with them!

I'm pretty sure they were well taken care of. They also had markings on the boxes of which group goes with who. They were labeled by color groups but not by their actual feather colors. I wish I knew the peoples number or a way to contact them. I'd love to know about the ducks history and if they kept charts on them like I do for mine. But I guess I will have to start from scratch on them.
Sounds like a plan. Maybe they were scruffy from being boxed and transported.
Best of luck with them!

I'm pretty sure they were well taken care of. They also had markings on the boxes of which group goes with who. They were labeled by color groups but not by their actual feather colors. I wish I knew the peoples number or a way to contact them. I'd love to know about the ducks history and if they kept charts on them like I do for mine. But I guess I will have to start from scratch on them.
If they are not used to being handled the previous owner probably does not have extensive individual data on them.

Good that you think they were well taken care of, but I would be extremely mad about a breach of my biosecurity if this had happened to me.

If I were you I'd be calling that animal shelter and giving them a piece of my mind about giving my address out to strangers, and telling them that under no circumstances are they ever to do that again. And they might also have info on the people who dumped all the ducks off on you too.

Anyone up for some Muscovy Hatching Eggs come spring? Going to have a ton more then last year. Up'ed my flock numbers by 2 times the amount. They came all the way from Iowa. The person moved out here near me and wasn't allowed "pets" in their new home they rent. So they had no other option but to re-home them.
I came home from a family outing to find 20+ boxes with holes punched in them laid out in my front yard with a note taped to the biggest box. I opened the boxes to find 3-4 Muscovy's in each box.
thats a lot of birds :th
so sad

:hugs so great of you to be so open minded about the whole ordeal

good luck! and like WV said maybe the shelter knows who they are

I gave the animal shelter permission to give out my information on certain situations like this one. I've just never had people actually leave them on my property like this, normally the people wait for me to get home. Called the shelter this morning. They said that the couple claimed to only have a few ducks but never said the full amount, but did have a phone number to contact them. They called the shelter leaving a voicemail asking if they accept ducks. Thank the heavens for caller ID. I will be contacting them later today!

I gave the animal shelter permission to give out my information on certain situations like this one. I've just never had people actually leave them on my property like this, normally the people wait for me to get home. Called the shelter this morning. They said that the couple claimed to only have a few ducks but never said the full amount, but did have a phone number to contact them. They called the shelter leaving a voicemail asking if they accept ducks. Thank the heavens for caller ID. I will be contacting them later today!

Glad that you'll be able to get ahold of them!

Do you think in the future you can ask the shelter to just give out your number? Anybody that needed you to take in an animal could just call you and you could tell them yes or no. I can't think of a reason they'd need your address right off the bat.

I did ask them not to give my address out anymore, and I gave them my new cell number. So a mishap won't happen like this again hopefully!
Glad that you'll be able to get ahold of them!

Do you think in the future you can ask the shelter to just give out your number? Anybody that needed you to take in an animal could just call you and you could tell them yes or no. I can't think of a reason they'd need your address right off the bat.

Back
Top Bottom