Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Is there a reason no one has posted eggs in the auction thread or is it just a slow time?
When temps are cold and the days get shorter, the Roosters are not as reliable. Plus, shipping eggs in the cold weather is also not very good for the eggs. Things will pick back up in Spring....

Seems so unreal.... when we are lucky enough to live in Southern CA, there's supposed to have a record high weekend and early week coming up. Weather is so strange!

How long should a pullet lay before you incubate the first egg?

Depends on who you ask :D
I set some eggs last year and got a first egg from a pullet the next day, so I added it to my set. It hatched, so I know it's possible. And I still have the offspring chick, and she is laying herself now!

But many early pullet eggs can be odd shaped, shell quality may not be great, etc. making them iffy to go full term. Some say it takes a week or two or three for their systems to line out.

Depends on who you ask :D
I set some eggs last year and got a first egg from a pullet the next day, so I added it to my set. It hatched, so I know it's possible. And I still have the offspring chick, and she is laying herself now!

But many early pullet eggs can be odd shaped, shell quality may not be great, etc. making them iffy to go full term. Some say it takes a week or two or three for their systems to line out.
Thank you. They actually look perfect. It take her longer than normal to start laying so I think I will give it a go.

I did! They have been coming to my house almost everyday checking up on their ducks. They are talking about moving to another property so they can take back all their ducks. I honestly don't want to give them back, considering how they dropped them off on me, and haven't even paid for feed costs. So I might not give them back unless they pay me back for feed, water, housing, and the struggles they caused me. But I really don't want these lovelies being dropped off on someone else who might not take care of them properly. The couple is very nice but uncaring of their actions. The couple keeps bringing bread to feed them.. I keep telling them not to do that, but they ignore me.
About 15 of the Muscovy's turned out to have respiratory issues and are now over coming it. All have been doing wonderful and are starting to look beautiful. Once I find my camera, I will show you some pictures!
I just had to reply. Unbelievable. Did you get in touch with the couple?

I did! They have been coming to my house almost everyday checking up on their ducks. They are talking about moving to another property so they can take back all their ducks. I honestly don't want to give them back, considering how they dropped them off on me, and haven't even paid for feed costs. So I might not give them back unless they pay me back for feed, water, housing, and the struggles they caused me. But I really don't want these lovelies being dropped off on someone else who might not take care of them properly. The couple is very nice but uncaring of their actions. The couple keeps bringing bread to feed them.. I keep telling them not to do that, but they ignore me.
About 15 of the Muscovy's turned out to have respiratory issues and are now over coming it. All have been doing wonderful and are starting to look beautiful. Once I find my camera, I will show you some pictures!
Thank goodness they found you! I would feel the same way about “returning” the ducks.
I recently helped a woman out after a house fire left her homeless. She was supposed to be a “rescue” for chickens. Sadly, come to discover it really was hoarding situation.
I would love to see pictures of all the sweethearts!

Back
Top Bottom