Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
Hi my name is Karen and I live in Virginia . I raise silkies for showing and I love the hobby. I do always have extra eggs though . I was wanting to put them on the 24 auction but wasn't sure if I just up and post them or do I have to fill out something first . I had bought eggs from the auction on here before they switched it over .
I also noticed on that some people are worried over Va NPIP requirements for shipping eggs . Does that mean that I can not bid on any auctions on the 24 hour thread ? :(( Best to know up front before I bid . I do watch for eggs that are from NPIP flocks as I am NPIP and I want to keep it that way :)
I do have my NPIP slips to send with any eggs I sell and will include them in the box

Hi Karen, I'm Karen too (also in VA) LOL

some breeders won't ship to va because of the restrictions, others will... shipping out of va isn't an issue usually, I've sent eggs all over the country (Roanoke co).

I'm not NPIP yet, but just got certified as a tester, so I will be ASAP (aka as soon as I have help to round up and hold each bird)

as for auctions, the rules are on the first page of that thread. but generally yes, you post the auction, what you have, how much you want to start at and what shipping is, also state an end time just for simplicity (usually 24 hours) and state the time zone for those who are elsewhere. pictures are nice too. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Karen . I Did my own NPIP and it took me a few days to get them all done . The bands were what gave me the most trouble . Just take your time and remember to write down the band numbers to each bird for your records . After a few birds it becomes easy . I was told the only thing needed to ship eggs to Va was the person had to be NPIP . Different for chicks though . To bring in a live bird for the shows from out of state the birds have to be NPIP and AI and they need to get a permit from State Vet . Permit is free .

Thanks Karen . I Did my own NPIP and it took me a few days to get them all done . The bands were what gave me the most trouble . Just take your time and remember to write down the band numbers to each bird for your records . After a few birds it becomes easy . I was told the only thing needed to ship eggs to Va was the person had to be NPIP . Different for chicks though . To bring in a live bird for the shows from out of state the birds have to be NPIP and AI and they need to get a permit from State Vet . Permit is free .

Actually, I have been corresponding with Kymberly Hammer Coffman with the
Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services about this. Virginia does require AI testing to obtain a permit to ship eggs into the state.

Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services about this. Virginia does require AI testing to obtain a permit to ship eggs into the state.
Really ! I did not know that . At the class I had asked about it and was told NPIP or it was a misdemeanor to receive them . No mention of the AI except for live birds and chicks and they would need a permit signed by sellers state vet . Glad you let me know about that as we can be fined for it and lose our NPIP status .

Really ! I did not know that . At the class I had asked about it and was told NPIP or it was a misdemeanor to receive them . No mention of the AI except for live birds and chicks and they would need a permit signed by sellers state vet . Glad you let me know about that as we can be fined for it and lose our NPIP status .

I don't know if these will be too small (attaching from my phone), but the pics are of the application for the VA permit (very easy app) AND the paper (section A, 1) regarding the "US Avian Influenza Clean" requirement for sending hatching eggs. This paperwork was emailed to me by the VA rep. I hope it helps someone.

actually in VA, we're not required to band all birds for NPIP if the whole flock is being certified. that being said, I already have everyone wing banded, and I was told to just keep record of the wing bands. when I'm testing just a few birds for someone, then the leg bands are required to prove they've been tested... at least that's my take on how it was explained.

Hi, I just wanted to share that, I purchased 12 English blue Orpington eggs from chickenman1 on auction and I have 14 developing at a week! I am thrilled! His packaging was great. I have had some bad luck with shipped eggs here lately. :hit It is so awesome to be able to share some good news! :D

Hi, I just wanted to share that, I purchased 12 English blue Orpington eggs from chickenman1 on auction and I have 14 developing at a week! I am thrilled! His packaging was great. I have had some bad luck with shipped eggs here lately. :hit It is so awesome to be able to share some good news! :D

Awesome!! Good to know!
Thanks for passing on the good news!

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question. If not, please kindly redirect me. :) Is there a minimum number of posts or months you've been a member to post and auction or BIN on the New Crazy 24 hour Auction thread? I have around 200 (I think I'm close!) but only 4-ish months as a member. Hoping I'll be able to post a BIN. Thanks for the help!

PS: I did read the BST rules and regs and, if I read it right, I should be able to post. Wanted to clarify here first. I'm not one to be a rule breaker, lol.

Back
Top Bottom