Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

How many went into lockdown?

Unbelievably, all 20 eggs went into lockdown. Veins and movement were seen in all of them. The worst air sac eggs are in an egg carton (6 of them). I am having a hard time keeping the humidity up. I've got the humidity pump, but it seems that it's having a hard time staying up at 60% with out the small wet sponge. Which is virtually impossible to rewet without opening!

I keep staring at them, hoping to see some sort of wobbles, but it's kinda crowded. Hoping for the best!

Last edited:
Unbelievably, all 20 eggs went into lockdown. Veins and movement were seen in all of them. The worst air sac eggs are in an egg carton (6 of them). I am having a hard time keeping the humidity up. I've got the humidity pump, but it seems that it's having a hard time staying up at 60% with out the small wet sponge. Which is virtually impossible to rewet without opening!

I keep staring at them, hoping to see some sort of wobbles, but it's kinda crowded. Hoping for the best!

Good luck with your hatch!
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
If the humidity is not staying up where it is set, you need to do some trouble shooting. The pump, when working properly, is fully capable of keeping the humidity up. Filling the wells in the bottom will help so the pump doesn't run so often, but is not necessary. Is the pump running constantly? If it is and the humidity is not increasing, check to see that the water is actually flowing in the line. The pump is supposed to be self-priming, but mine were never very good at that. Make sure there is water and not air in the line. If you have air in the line, you need to prime the line. Having the pump higher than the incubator helps a lot. To prime the line, while the pump is running, pinch the water line close to the pump with both hands, Run the hand away from the pump down the line toward the incubator, squeezing out all the air. Release the pinch closest to the pump, but hold the one nearest the incubator until the line fills with water. It may take a couple of minutes and the pump needs to be running for it to fill. Once filled, you may release the pinch near the incubator. If the line fills with air, try the procedure again, maybe a couple of times until the water fills the line. If after trying the procedure a couple of times you still have air in the line, you may have a hole in the line. You may have to remove the water line to check. To check, pinch one end closed and with the other hand pinch the line closed and run the entire length. The area you have squeezed the air out of should stay flat. If you get to a point where it starts filling with air, look for your hole at that point. If all of this checks out, you could try to do a factory reset to see if it corrects itself. To do that, unplug the incubator and while holding down the "+", "-" and "OK" buttons, plug it back in. Continue to hold down the 3 buttons until the incubator beeps and the display reads something like "Loading Defaults". When it gets done loading the factory defaults, then go in and reset your desired humidity. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

[COLOR=008080]Good luck with your hatch! :jumpy :fl :jumpy  If the humidity is not staying up where it is set, you need to do some trouble shooting. The pump, when working properly, is fully capable of keeping the humidity up. Filling the wells in the bottom will help so the pump doesn't run so often, but is not necessary. Is the pump running constantly? If it is and the humidity is not increasing, check to see that the water is actually flowing in the line. The pump is supposed to be self-priming, but mine were never very good at that. Make sure there is water and not air in the line. If you have air in the line, you need to prime the line. Having the pump higher than the incubator helps a lot. To prime the line, while the pump is running, pinch the water line close to the pump with both hands, Run the hand away from the pump down the line toward the incubator, squeezing out all the air. Release the pinch closest to the pump, but hold the one nearest the incubator until the line fills with water. It may take a couple of minutes and the pump needs to be running for it to fill. Once filled, you may release the pinch near the incubator. If the line fills with air, try the procedure again, maybe a couple of times until the water fills the line. If after trying the procedure a couple of times you still have air in the line, you may have a hole in the line. You may have to remove the water line to check. To check, pinch one end closed and with the other hand pinch the line closed and run the entire length. The area you have squeezed the air out of should stay flat. If you get to a point where it starts filling with air, look for your hole at that point. If all of this checks out, you could try to do a factory reset to see if it corrects itself. To do that, unplug the incubator and while holding down the "+", "-" and "OK" buttons, plug it back in. Continue to hold down the 3 buttons until the incubator beeps and the display reads something like "Loading Defaults". When it gets done loading the factory defaults, then go in and reset your desired humidity. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.[/COLOR]

The pump is running constantly. The tube in the humidity pump is releasing bubbles. Should I take the tube off the turner and try priming?

The pump is running constantly. The tube in the humidity pump is releasing bubbles. Should I take the tube off the turner and try priming?
Now that I think about it, unwinding the tube from the turner would make it prime faster and the pump would not have to be running.
Sure hope I didn't hurt them! I had to remove the egg carton. During the priming process it was wet. I propped them up on other eggs, so hopefully they'll be ok...
As long as none of them were pipped yet, you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom