Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

ok and for those who don't know me (yet? ;) ) I have an odd (to some) assortment of super mellow, friendly, sweet and sometimes annoying (aka 'excessively friendly') breeds. the Dorking, bantam cochins (in a rainbow of colors), Swedish flower hens, BLRW and EE's - with my oddity Weeble, the crested, feather legged "bbs Ameraucana" who is splash, but also somewhat red and kinda laced. LOL

I don't follow anyone's rules but my own (ok hubby does manage to sneak one in now and then)... build my own coops and brooders (yes, the power tools are MINE!), have a 'part time LGD' in the form of my Standard Poodle, who also doubles as my service dog when necessary, a blind horse (going on 30 and sadly nearing her end), 2 miniature stallions that, until recently, were best friends, and my 'problem child' is my 18 year old Morgan mare, daughter of my blind girl...

I live in a log home that was put up going on 15 years ago, but never really finished because our contractor did what all stereotypical bad contractors do... took the money and ran. so we work on it as we can and live with what we've got. LOL I have 26 acres of wooded mountainside, which the chickens love, but have to hay the horses year round because they haven't developed much of a taste for cedar. now poplar on the other hand... well, we don't have any live ones left. they stripped the bark off each one systematically.

I think I'm probably the only person in Virginia who can successfully 'free range' my horses as well, since the boys are penned separately, the girls roam at will but won't go out of hearing range. I would say sight but Grace hasn't got any. LOL Maggie sticks even closer to the boys, because they have the round bales. did I mention that my 'problem child' is FAT? LOL

The first law of the chicken book is you don't talk about the book!

Yay! I was hoping you would be here.
celebrate.gif

Did you hear? The seramas all made it out after my crazy drive home and a six thousand foot elevation change.

Me too. Hello everyone I have a crazy pyr that is driving me insane. whines and whines and whines. She's supposed to be guarding the chickens and the yard, but my BF keeps bringing her in the house. Oh well but any who. Has any of you ladies heard of Miracle Brow?

Quote:
I may have to do something like that when I find my next pup... no breeders in this area have any standard poodles with sufficient testing... my old dog was from one of those local breeders, and had about every flaw a standard poodle could, and still be recognizable as a standard. LOL but I loved him for his whole 12 years, issues (physical) and all. LOL

Back
Top Bottom