Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
All croads have heavy bloom on the eggs.  But some  girls wipe it off with there erm.. laying apparatuses, and some dont so its  still a bit of a crap shoot. OR that is how I have understood it.  Since its bloom its more fragile then the paint gun of a  Marans say. 

I was investigating getting some AMAZING eggs from australia a few years ago, and  the farm in queensland was basically wiped  off the plant in the big floods never to be heard from again. The next time I heard about them   and they had colored eggs ( ones in europe   are not breeding  for bloom iirc)  was here, so Im excited!

Hmmm... Maybe it's cl OD and croad for me. I read they were used to make marans and barnies. My barnies were sweet but to many flaws in their lines and no one close enough to work with. Maybe this would be a smarter more fun way to go.

Hmmm... Maybe it's cl OD and croad for me. I read they were used to make marans and barnies. My barnies were sweet but to many flaws in their lines and no one close enough to work with. Maybe this would be a smarter more fun way to go.

Croads are beautiful and unique and need help. And we have a lot of langshan knowledge in the area.

Of course, I think everyone needs FCBM's the world's most fat and sassy chicken. But I think everyone needs breese too...
and maybe an extra acre.....
( and don't forget the quails...)

My MF bantam cochin eggs just arrived- all 14 in perfect condition even though the box looked like the freaking USPS played soccer with it! Thanks, Reyvaughn!

So glad the eggs are fine! Usually I pack well enough that I am more than willing to throw my boxes around and I won't have damaged eggs. This last box I shipped I was concerned about. I couldn't double box. I shipped 26 eggs in a #7 box (I couldn't fit the last 4 eggs in) and there was very little room to add extra padding around the eggs. I have permanently adopted the doubled bubble wrap approach, though!

the bare basics:
grain or feed in a bucket.. add water to cover.. let sit for a day or so (depends on temps.. hotter days = faster ferments)

some people add apple cider vinegar or kefir or other things to get the culture started. but it will also start on it's own..

after you feed out of it just add more feed / grain and water to the bucket with what ever remnants are still in it.. stir and let sit til the next feeding

some people also cover with a cloth to keep bugs out.. flies love this stuff

Thank you fors the crah course :)

I really want some bantam Cochin like those in the pic. Ordered 6 from ebay. All had detached air cell. Incubated in cartons. Only developing egg gave up on or at day 7. I cried.
Anyone want to strike a deal, make some money or trade some eggs? I have 4 dozen very fertile rir/Dominique/australorp mixed eggs. Will let u choose from pics if desired.

All croads have heavy bloom on the eggs.  But some  girls wipe it off with there erm.. laying apparatuses, and some dont so its  still a bit of a crap shoot. OR that is how I have understood it.  Since its bloom its more fragile then the paint gun of a  Marans say. 

I was investigating getting some AMAZING eggs from australia a few years ago, and  the farm in queensland was basically wiped  off the plant in the big floods never to be heard from again. The next time I heard about them   and they had colored eggs ( ones in europe   are not breeding  for bloom iirc)  was here, so Im excited!

I have several of those purple eggs...glad to know what it is and why it changed with humidity!

Oh, I want to subscribe! I know people have told me the anwser to this question before But I dont remember. When you make FF what all do you do? I know you put grain in a jar or bucket and then i cant remember lol.
I do the fast and easy: 5 gal bucket, 4 qt pellets + 1 cup braggs ACV + warm water til full, about 4 gal total in 5 gal bucket. Stir 2-3 times a day. Ihave covered it now as the turkey discoved it and at 5 months they can reach in and eat it ALL. Pugs lol Oops meant PIGS. lol

Quote: well, I don't deal with shedding very well, which is why i'm hesitant on the LGD thing too... call it mental, whatever. hair on my clothing makes me itch. doesn't matter what 'flavor' LOL.

spoos are low maintenance too. get the clippers out every couple months and buzz it all off, bath every couple weeks... mominlaw spends better than twice the amount of time just brushing one lab (multipled times 4 dogs!) we don't brush. the natural curl keeps the dirt & rain off his skin.

biggest part of maintenance is this time of year, picking the burrs out of his fur... LOL burdocks are the worst, then there's those little round Velcro beads and the little forked sticks. LOL he brings them all to me to 'fix'.
If you don't like hair stay away from pyr's they shed all year long and you have to constantly brush them. I have a lint roller in my house, car and I have to roll again before starting to work. You sweep daily and there sti is hair. I love mine and she is beautiful, but I could do without so much hair
1f633.png

NO time to brush dogs, and my maremma lived out with the sheep in a barn. I need low maintenance animals.

Quote: Can't live without a dog . . . . I would trade a cat for a dog anyday.

I'll be on the lookout for some English Orpington eggs in a few weeks! (for all of those who have them and are interested in selling a few..)
hide.gif

Also looking for some Heritage barred rock eggs then too

just gotta get the rest of this hatch done and a good bator cleaning done on the beasts.. lol
Try Dragon Lady, as in THEDRAGONLADY, with the big buff orp as she avatar. SHe is a real dedicated breeder, with started trios, and sometimes hatching eggs.

--------------------

WIll try to catch up after dark tonight . .. . if I"m not asleep by then!!

I really want some bantam Cochin like those in the pic. Ordered 6 from ebay. All had detached air cell. Incubated in cartons. Only developing egg gave up on or at day 7. I cried.
Anyone want to strike a deal, make some money or trade some eggs? I have 4 dozen very fertile rir/Dominique/australorp mixed eggs. Will let u choose from pics if desired.

I wouldn't be opposed to a trade! I have bantam Cochins. :D Have six eggs sitting on the turners right now.

I'll be on the lookout for some English Orpington eggs in a few weeks! (for all of those who have them and are interested in selling a few..)
hide.gif

Also looking for some Heritage barred rock eggs then too

just gotta get the rest of this hatch done and a good bator cleaning done on the beasts.. lol

HI, Should be ready in a few weeks.......
The following pictures are a bit old.
The blue about 4 1/2 months old
The Black at three months
Splash not English.he just thinks he is cute
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom