cheap egg cartons

FarmTek:
Standard molded fiber:

Regular: bundle of 250 for $56.95

Filler flat (open, holds 30 eggs): bundle of 140 for $24.95

Shipping: I wasn't able to get a shipping cost for either of these without setting up an account, which I didn't want to do at this time. The following is from their site:
"~What are your shipping charges? Can you provide a shipping quote? We use a "freight shopping program" to bring you the lowest possible shipping cost. Shipping charges are based on the "ship to" address and size/weight of products. To receive a quick estimate for shipping, click on the Estimate Shipping Cost link near the price of the product. Express or two-day shipping options are available on some products at a higher price. For complete details, please visit our Shipping & Tax Policy page. Please note: Next day air and second day air orders are only shipped Monday through Friday."

Last edited:
Ok. So far we have...

Meyer Hatchery
Gray Paper Mache Egg Cartons 100 Pack
Quantity: 100
Cost: $30.60
Shipping: $18.98
Total: $49.55
Price per carton: $0.4955

Egg Carton Store
12 Egg Molded Fiber Egg Carton
Quantity: 125
Cost: $49.99
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $49.99
Price per carton: $0.39992

FarmTek
Egg Cartons - 250 Count
Quantity: 250
Cost: $56.95
Shipping: $39.75*
Total: $96.70
Price per carton: $0.3868

NOTE: The shipping for FarmTek was estimated to my zip code, 45312, using their shipping estimator. Your shipping may vary.

Foam Packaging, Inc.
Egg Cartons 2x6 Jumbo
Quantity: 400
Cost: $38.00
Shipping: $24.00**
Total: $62.00
Price per carton: $0.155

NOTE: The shipping for Foam Packaging, Inc. was estimated to my zip code, 45312, using their shipping chart. Your shipping may vary.

Last edited:
These prices are better than some I've seen, but when trying to make a few dollars on selling 12 eggs, they are still not cheap! Seems like they should be 20 cents or less, especially the ones made out of the recycled paper. Seems like the way to go would be to get in good with someone at an egg packaging plant and get some of their blanks.

Our TSC sells them for $0.50 each or so. That is an option if you only need a few.

Also, offer your customers a price break if they provide their own cartons.

As far as what they should be priced at... That is the beauty of America. If you think you can do it cheaper and still make enough profit to keep the doors open, you are free to try. Please let me know when the first batch of $0.20 cartons rolls out. I'll gladly buy some.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom