Chicago

Oh wow , you are so close to me! We should meet up sometime and talk chicks :).
My 8 yr. old daughter and I go the Norway park pool every now and them :)

I will be moving to Chicago at the end of summer/beginning of fall. I am looking for a place within 45 minutes to downtown via public transportation. I'm hoping to get in touch with some chicken friendly landlords so I can keep my two chickens.

If you know/have/are a chicken friendly landlord please let me know so I can start looking into finding a place to live.

Thanks!
Stephanie

I will be moving to Chicago at the end of summer/beginning of fall. I am looking for a place within 45 minutes to downtown via public transportation. I'm hoping to get in touch with some chicken friendly landlords so I can keep my two chickens.

If you know/have/are a chicken friendly landlord please let me know so I can start looking into finding a place to live.

Thanks!
Stephanie
Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to Chicago. Do you intend on renting an apartment in a multi-unit building or in a 2/3 flat. It will probably be easier to find a friendly landlord in a 2-3 flat accommodation. Multi-units tend to be run by managements and are not very flexible. If you can PM me your requirements vis-a-vis bedrooms etc. & budget, I can make recommendations as to what neighborhood you should look in. Also I am assuming you will be working downtown. Is it in the loop or a little away from it. An approximate address (you don't have to be provide actual address) will help determine what form of public transportation is accessible to which neighborhood.

Good luck and again welcome to Chicago!

Junaid

Thanks!
Stephanie

More specifically I am seeking a 1-2 bedroom with a lease starting in August or September.

-Stephanie

LOOKING FOR 2 EASTER EGGERS OR SIMILAR

I have 2 hens that are getting on in age and will likely be headed to the butcher soon. I would like to replace them with 2 Easter Eggers or other reliable layers with blue or green eggs. I prefer juveniles, as I do not have the set up to raise chicks.

Please let me know if you have any hens that fit my needs. I live in Jefferson Park (NW Side of Chicago), but would be more than willing to drive to you and collect them at the right price. I would even be willing to give you my other hens (still laying) if you'd like them.

Cheers,

Bella

Hello Chicken enthusiasts,

My name is Ben Gojer and I am an independent film producer. I am looking for a few chickens to appear/star in a short film I am producing. I am new to the world of chickens, but I think they are cute and I love eating eggs!

The film is called Chicken Tuesdays and is about a guy trying to impress a girl at a bar night centered around competitive chicken photography. It is being written and directed by my friend Brandon Daley. Brandon and our Director of Photography, Drew Angle, just went to the Slamdance Film Festival for the premiere of our last short film, Savasana. Slamdance happens at the same time and in the same city as the Sundance Film Festival and is known for screening raw and innovative films.

"WILL takes his friend EMILY to watch him compete at Chicken Tuesdays, where he is a crowd favorite. He should be able to make a great showing with his Easter-themed set, but disaster strikes when his prize chicken PEGGY does not want to cooperate."

We are looking to shoot the first weekend of April. Were your chickens to appear in our film, we would want you to be on set to wrangle them. We would hope to put one or two of the chickens in some kind of costume, and then put them on a stage and have their picture taken. If you could be down for this, I would love to talk to you more about the project, or send you the script. Savasana was received really well and I am excited for Chicken Tuesdays.

Thank you very much,

BenG
(817) 994-9304

Hello Chicken enthusiasts,

My name is Ben Gojer and I am an independent film producer. I am looking for a few chickens to appear/star in a short film I am producing. I am new to the world of chickens, but I think they are cute and I love eating eggs!

The film is called Chicken Tuesdays and is about a guy trying to impress a girl at a bar night centered around competitive chicken photography. It is being written and directed by my friend Brandon Daley. Brandon and our Director of Photography, Drew Angle, just went to the Slamdance Film Festival for the premiere of our last short film, Savasana. Slamdance happens at the same time and in the same city as the Sundance Film Festival and is known for screening raw and innovative films.

"WILL takes his friend EMILY to watch him compete at Chicken Tuesdays, where he is a crowd favorite. He should be able to make a great showing with his Easter-themed set, but disaster strikes when his prize chicken PEGGY does not want to cooperate."

We are looking to shoot the first weekend of April. Were your chickens to appear in our film, we would want you to be on set to wrangle them. We would hope to put one or two of the chickens in some kind of costume, and then put them on a stage and have their picture taken. If you could be down for this, I would love to talk to you more about the project, or send you the script. Savasana was received really well and I am excited for Chicken Tuesdays.

Thank you very much,

BenG
(817) 994-9304

Back
Top Bottom