chick cant walk. PLEASE HELP!!!!

ssdd1985

In the Brooder
May 9, 2015
The chick was one of 19 that hatched 3 days ago and when i was moving some to the brooder yesterday I noticed that she was just crawling, She can stand but tends not to and doesn't put weight on her right leg.thing is she doesn't seem to be in pain she will let me touch the leg and I've even straightened it out. She is now in brooder with others but doesn't move to much, I pick her up and take her to food and water but don't seem interested. please someone give me advice.

The chick was one of 19 that hatched 3 days ago and when i was moving some to the brooder yesterday I noticed that she was just crawling, She can stand but tends not to and doesn't put weight on her right leg.thing is she doesn't seem to be in pain she will let me touch the leg and I've even straightened it out. She is now in brooder with others but doesn't move to much, I pick her up and take her to food and water but don't seem interested. please someone give me advice.

Unfortunately, some chicks hatch with disorders; they have physical problems that may not be overcome. All you can do is keep on with what you are already doing and maybe the problem will right itself Check to see if the leg is broken; if so it can be splinted.

that was my first thought as incubator got quite crowded but she doesn't seem in pain at all.

that was my first thought as incubator got quite crowded but she doesn't seem in pain at all.

Birds do not show pain as we are used to seeing, but hopefully you are right. It's the lack of interest in food and water that leads me to believe this may be a lost cause. I think this is the biggest concern. If you can get this chick to eat and drink then there's a chance...

Good news I got up this morning and filled up food she is getting about and eating, still not using leg but at least she eating now

Back
Top Bottom