Chick days @ Tractor Supply

Vestal, NY said today that February 23 is the day they will get chicks.
I was told that they will NOT be taking orders since they are using a new/different company this year.

Vestal, NY said today that February 23 is the day they will get chicks.
I was told that they will NOT be taking orders since they are using a new/different company this year.
vestal has 'mixed pullets' pretty sure they're sex link? Correct me if anyone has observed or been told otherwise, khacki ducklings straight run that are so cute you could fill your pockets but aparently in nys they're a six minnimim!! Though I prefer 2-3 ducks and unless someone wants to split an order lol and I even build a duck pen... I might check back if the bin gets really empty maybe they'll be able to sell the last one or 2? Anyway they also got straight run New Hampshire reds yesterday and I bought 6 but 4 died when I got them home... They lay down and seized and died and there was nothing that could be done :-( the other 2 are just fine, I think either they were sick or too much traveling not enough being home and hydrated and warm maybe? I assume they arrived in a big box and they dumped it in that big bin? I'm going to call later and ask if they'll get more birds in or if they have... So that's my only experience buying from them. Though I basically buy everything else there on a regular basis, fun store. And they were all so sweet, some are fairly knowledgable about the chicks but the one very helpful employee even looked up something for me which was nice :) she was really trying to sell those sweet ducklings... And they were doing an adoption day there for cats, I'm not ruling them out as an occasional chick source but I'm going to have to try again, some hatchery batches are just iffy :-( what does everyone else's tsc have in the chick bin this year?

Update: they were so helpful and said the shipments are sometimes iffy this time of year and the surviving birds are long sold -24 hours later- they offered a full refund or new chicks :)

My Tractor Supply store is close. Right down the street from where I live. last year I asked if I could pay to place a order ahead of time. They said no. I then asked if I could pay to have a specific breed set aside for pick up. They said no, first come first serve
I then asked the date of their first shipment so I could get the breeds I wanted (first come first serve). He said he didn't know!! I was more than frustrated. How can I be first there if they can't tell me when they were arriving? Any how, I have a question for you all? Do you all know if T.S.C. chicks have been vaccinated at the hatchery for Mareks disease???

Here in southern Michigan, TSC gets chicks from Townline, and the 'sexed pullets' bin has included many cockrels, . They don't have their chicks vaccinated for Marek's disease, either. It can be a very good source for a few chicks, as long as you realize that's how things are here. Starting Feb. 15th this year! I try to avoid the store, because those babies can be VERY hard to resist! I prefer to order vaccinated birds from MMcM or Cackle instead, but sometimes I do weaken... Mary

Back
Top Bottom