Chick sexing

BrahmasMama02

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Posting with curiosity. What was the youngest you could tell if your chicks were pullets or roos?

Even though my older chicks are too young for me to give guesses on.. (3 weeks) I'm seeing a difference in two of my chicks already. Crossing my fingers for two pullets.

Attachments

• little.jpg
    little.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 92
  • BIG BLACKIE.jpg
    BIG BLACKIE.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 40
I agree the second one looks like a cockerel.
I had a french black copper maran who started trying to crow at 2 weeks. And his comb was the same size as the second picture if not bigger
I'm going to be honest I don't know if they're midnight Majesties or BCMs..but yeah. I looked down and the one with the larger comb was up on their waterer looking up at me. I was like awee your comb is coming in, then I was like HOLD UP. Why is it bigger than the other two black Marans? HAHAH I mean it could always shapeshift, but thinking (same age, same breed, same origin.. hmm).

Okay this is what I read about midnight majesties : Roos are barred . And it looks like little fella is indeed growing in some white stripped feathers 😭😭

Sorry for the spam. Posting for Science. Middle is the now suspected roo as a few days old. (look at the beak color difference).

Attachments

• IMPOSTER.jpg
    IMPOSTER.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom