Chick Sick

jay1995

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Florida
I had my silkies in the my garage for about a week and a half after I got it. Just a few days ago he was perfect. I noticed him yesterday moving slow, so I took him outside and let him walk around for a while. He started moving faster and was pecking at the ground and being alert. Then today he was laying down looking depressed, so I took him out. Me and my dad just finished their coop so now they can go out. I'm hoping all it was is he wanted some sun. He is out now. He has been eating and drinking fine and none of the others are like this. Please say a prayer that he will be alive and okay tomorrow. If I left anything out please correct me. Thanks, Jay

Last edited:
g'luck to all of them and to you. keep us posted.
fl.gif

Well I have some unfortunately, this little on passed. For about three days he was doing so much better. He ate and drank on his own without falling over. I came out the next day and he had passed on. He was my favorite little one and the one with major show potential, and he was the most friendly one, who always liked to be held. Im pretty sure that now I have one white rooster and two splash hens. The breeder had NOTHING to do with it. She always had her shoes clean when she walked in to cages, so she didn't spread anything. All of the others are fantastic and growing beautifuly. I will be posting some more pics of them on my progression thread.

OH, I am so sorry. LOve the ones you have left and post some pics. My silkies are two weeks old yesterday and have hit that gawky, not -so-pretty phase in a girl's life.
wink.png

I have 2 silkies a little less than a year old- one goes broody all the time and one mopes around outside by herself. Sometimes we think she is sick or injured. She seems to be off balance and will almost fall over. Any ideas? Is she depressed?

Back
Top Bottom