Chick sitting a lot/ walking strange

atmaclean

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2012
Stoneville, NC
This little Wyandotte chick is in with 5 other chicks the same age. They are probably 10 -12 days old. They are on purina chick starter, water with added Nutri Drench and they have a heater, of course. Today I noticed that she was sitting around a lot and would get up just to move and then just collapse and sit there. Nothing like the other chicks who were running around exploring when I took them on the back deck for some fresh air and sunshine this afternoon. I’m attaching a video.

I haven’t experienced anything like this with a chick in many years of raising them. I’m just now giving it some drops of Nutri Drench, Poultry Cell, and some selenium/vitamin e gel mixed together. Just not sure how often i should give it. I’m wondering if I should hand feed it too?? What else??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Angela

At that age, it might be a B vitamin deficiency. It appears the chick has balance but no strength. B-2, 6 and 12 help with this. Get a B complex and dissolve it in the water. It won't matter if all the chicks drink it. It can't be overdosed as the excess is eliminated in the urates. It will turn them yellow, by the way. So don't freak.

At that age, it might be a B vitamin deficiency. It appears the chick has balance but no strength. B-2, 6 and 12 help with this. Get a B complex and dissolve it in the water. It won't matter if all the chicks drink it. It can't be overdosed as the excess is eliminated in the urates. It will turn them yellow, by the way. So don't freak.
Ok. I will get the b vitamins started asap. Thank you!!

My chick is having the same issue with strange walking and lots of sitting. How did this turn out for you?

Back
Top Bottom