Chick Wing Deformity?

BlackStarMama

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 23, 2012
Maine
Our chicks are starting to feather their wings, but we have one that seems to be having a weird growth problem. It's as if her quills are coming in without feathers growing. I'm just wondering if anyone's seen anything like this and if it's something we should be concerned about or just let it be.

Her wing expanded out.

Close up of the underside.

When at rest, her wing does sit properly.

Thank you for any feedback on this matter! She still eats, drinks and runs around just as well as the rest of our chicks. In fact, she's the liveliest and hardest to catch when we bring them outside for play time.

sorry it took so long to get back but my computer had a little freak out. she is doing well, sort of has some feathers on her wings now but still only baby fuzz on the body. she does look a little funky but i expect her to be a pretty bird when she finally gets it together. i spoke with someone at my pet chicken he suggested more protien may help. i have seen some improvement but foir now i am just being patient. all her siblings have normal feather growth patterns but are atleast 1/3 smaller. thanks for the pics, they do give me hope.

Back
Top Bottom