Chick with misplaced legs

Melintir

Chirping
Feb 8, 2015
This guy hatched 2 days ago and somehow got trapped in the egg shell overnight. In the morning, I found him with one of the legs sticking forward. I bound it to the other leg, but unfortunately it made it worse as now the both legs are sticking to the front.

Any suggestion how can I fix it? Any tutorial (pics/video) on how to wrap it properly? Or is there no hope?

Attachments

• IMG_20170904_144227.jpg
    IMG_20170904_144227.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20170904_144220.jpg
    IMG_20170904_144220.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 16
I don't think it looks splay legged. Sometimes I've had chicks that have stressful hatches and were a bit weak/unsteady and sat like that for a day. One thing I've done that worked was to place the chick in a deep bowl with good footing. I use old towels. I put one on the bottom and one around the whole thing so they are in a " nest". It keeps it stationary and the chick can strengthen the legs. It needs something good for gripping ..towels are perfect. Out of all the chicks I've ever hatched that sat on thier elbows...ive never lost one..they usually recover quickly.

How's ur chicki doin?

Not good, he just keep standing on the elbow, he couldn't even straightened the legs now and walk around using the elbow :(
I think I will have to cull, which is sad since he seems to have very strong will to live, but I don't think he will have a quality life like this

Back
Top Bottom