Chick with sprained leg

sirenaspring

Chirping
May 1, 2022
Hi everyone! I saw this happen in action so I can tell you some clarifying details. so the mama hen was on top of a very tall cage. She flew down and landed on the baby who is about four weeks old.

The chick has its leg up and it’s clearly hurt but they can run on it and keep up with it siblings and mama. I was just hoping it’s just sprained. And all of this did happen about 30 minutes ago.

Any advice anybody can give me just to help the baby chick get better if the leg is sprained. And is there any difference between a broken leg and a sprained leg?

It sounds just like a sprain or temporary injury. I would just keep an eye on her, and make sure the broody is not going off and leaving her, and that the chick is getting food and water. A broken leg is much worse and would need splinting.

It sounds just like a sprain or temporary injury. I would just keep an eye on her, and make sure the broody is not going off and leaving her, and that the chick is getting food and water. A broken leg is much worse and would need splinting.
thank you 🙏 I’ll keep an eye out and hopefully they get better. This mama hen is not the best but she tries lol

Back
Top Bottom