Chicken Attack

I
As far as getting $$ for the loss, it is not likely to happen.  The shack he lived in was demolished by the ice storm.  SO far we have not seen them again.
m sorry to hear that you will not get reimbursed. But karma has gotten him and I believe it will keep coming to him.

Dogs will take a chickens head off. My profile pic is of my dog Dodge he killed a chicken 6 years ago ran it around and then ate his head. I caught him chasing another chicken around a couple days after that and put an end to his chicken hunting ways. By the way, during that time these were my neighbors chickens. I felt so bad having to tell them my dog bit the head off one of their hens.

Ok, over the past month I have had three silkies and a Speckled Sussex killed. The silkies my dog killed, because they're cute and fluffy and look like dog toys. She kills them, then leaves them in the front yard, along with three or four piles of their feathers. The Sussex just disappeared, so I'm not sure it was the dog who killed her.
And this morning a mutt rooster, who I left out on purpose, had been attacked. No blood, but he's limping slightly and there are four pretty big piles of feathers around the coops. There is no marks or blood on him, but he's missing a lot of feathers from his tail. He's fine, but he's staying under the trees.
A few months ago my silver laced brahma hatched eight chicks. An owl took four of them. I only know because it was seen swooping around the coops. (The mutt roo who was attacked is one of the surviving)
in the past, when foxes have attacked they leave no trace. The dog leaves them dead in the yard. The Owls take only the smaller chickens. Hawks typically can't get them off the ground.
Any ideas on what it might be?

Ok, over the past month I have had three silkies and a Speckled Sussex killed. The silkies my dog killed, because they're cute and fluffy and look like dog toys. She kills them, then leaves them in the front yard, along with three or four piles of their feathers. The Sussex just disappeared, so I'm not sure it was the dog who killed her.
And this morning a mutt rooster, who I left out on purpose, had been attacked. No blood, but he's limping slightly and there are four pretty big piles of feathers around the coops. There is no marks or blood on him, but he's missing a lot of feathers from his tail. He's fine, but he's staying under the trees.
A few months ago my silver laced brahma hatched eight chicks. An owl took four of them. I only know because it was seen swooping around the coops. (The mutt roo who was attacked is one of the surviving)
in the past, when foxes have attacked they leave no trace. The dog leaves them dead in the yard. The Owls take only the smaller chickens. Hawks typically can't get them off the ground.
Any ideas on what it might be?
Sounds to me like you need to work on securing your coop or tying up your dog. As far as the mutt rooster goes, if you don't want him around, it would be kinder of you to humanely kill him yourself than to leave him out for some predator to get.

Back
Top Bottom