Chicken Behavior on the Eclipse!

Fwoof

Crowing
Jun 13, 2022
Are you and your chickens in the path of totality for the solar eclipse?
Wanted to start a thread to see how everyone's chickens behaved. (Crowing, going to roost, turning into walri, etc.)
Anyhow, post below! Excited to hear everyone's experiences!

:goodpost:
I wasn't quite in the path of totality but I was right outside of it!!!!! My chickies weren't that phased, but when the moon was moving back away from the sun my rooster was making his squealing warning call that sounded like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" the entire time. While he was doing it my hens stayed so still it was so cute 😄

:goodpost:
I wasn't quite in the path of totality but I was right outside of it!!!!! My chickies weren't that phased, but when the moon was moving back away from the sun my rooster was making his squealing warning call that sounded like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" the entire time. While he was doing it my hens stayed so still it was so cute 😄
My rooster makes that same exact sound too!
Like when he sees a bird fly overhead...
Or when he hears me checking on the chickens at night...
Or when he's having fun makings echoes in the chicken coop...
Pretty much just whenever he can!

My rooster makes that same exact sound too!
Like when he sees a bird fly overhead...
Or when he hears me checking on the chickens at night...
Or when he's having fun makings echoes in the chicken coop...
Pretty much just whenever he can!
:lau
roosters have such adorable and unique personalities.

:lau
roosters have such adorable and unique personalities.
I know! Roosters are so much fun in the flock, and play an important role, too!
I love my rooster, he is such a good boy. (quite strange in many ways, though).
This is him persuading the ladies to lay in this egg box after I put down fresh bedding.
Rascal 1.JPG

We did not get much of the eclipse, we got a small shade and a little bit of sunlight, Everybody panicked because they thought it was turning dark, Everybody ran to the coop to stay safe but when they realized it was not dark.. They went back out
My great Aunt was in the path of totality and said all of her chickens went running into to coop to roost as soon as it was dark😂
Seems like this is the usual reaction chooks have on eclipses.
It must be confusing for them to have night come so suddenly and day come back just as suddenly!

Back
Top Bottom