Chicken Breed Focus - Ameraucana

Pics
Bruised acre farm in nj has pure ameracaunas, I have 2 ftom him. He shows all over the east coast and only sells adult birds.

You should always buy birds in pairs so they have a buddy. Pecking order is rough and a single new bird is going to be pecked and not have a buddy to be with.

Bruised acre farm in nj has pure ameracaunas, I have 2 ftom him. He shows all over the east coast and only sells adult birds.

You should always buy birds in pairs so they have a buddy. Pecking order is rough and a single new bird is going to be pecked and not have a buddy to be with.

Do they have a website?

One of my wheaten ameraucana roosters
my other wheaten ameraucana rooster (from a different line) and my blue wheaten hen from the same line as the other rooster
my trio of blacks

That's my method too! tmcc888 posted (I think comment #11) that wheaton Ameraucana chicks have a sex link colour variation that allows early sexting. It was the first I'd heard or that for Ameraucans.

Wheatens are fairly easy to sex between 2 to 4 weeks of age, if you know what you are looking for. Male Wheatens look very different from female Wheatens, and those differences in coloring can be seen at a very young age.

Back
Top Bottom