Chicken Breed Focus - Appenzeller Spitzhauben

Pics
Blue spitz egg auction
1f601.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/754060/the-new-crazy-24hr-auction-thread/13770#post_18387958

I got my main SS breeder male from PhoredaBurds - he is the BEST EVER :)

If anyone is on the fence - I'd like to vouch for the quality of her birds !!! I've also met her in person a few times and she is the bees knees :)

Glad the blue project is going along so nicely !!!

Ok... 4 hatched waiting on 1 more.
2 have dark v's on their heads and 2 don't... do you think it's just crest coloring/markings? Ooooor a Possible indication of hen/roo?
@Metella they are so beautiful and heathy! Thank you again.

Ok... 4 hatched waiting on 1 more.
2 have dark v's on their heads and 2 don't... do you think it's just crest coloring/markings? Ooooor a Possible indication of hen/roo?
@Metella they are so beautiful and heathy! Thank you again.

IMHO & experience, chick coloring does not indicate anything about sex with silver spitz (unless you are doing a sex-linked cross w golds). Early indications of sex are waddles & horns w the boys, and wide, fluffy crests in the girls. Sometimes the boys are taller, faster growers with shorter tails, but not always. This is not even 90% reliable however as some pullets are bigger, will not grow crests at all, and may have early comb horn development. Jury is usually out until 6-8 weeks when there is definite waddle and comb development. Or if they crow early (like a 3 week old chick I have right now
1f633.png
).

Back
Top Bottom