Chicken Breed Focus - Australorp

Pics
goodpost.gif
caf.gif
WOW MY GOODNESS, you have such beautiful pictures & I Love them all...! well today im happy to report that finally we will get our Aussies very soon ...!!
jumpy.gif
cant wait...
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
gotta love those cute little fuzzy butts....lol.. they will make a wonderful addition to our flock of beautiful ladies , all living long happy lives here with us, well so my dear like as always,
highfive.gif
you have a good one
thumbsup.gif
hoping you get more rain...!! & me to
wink.png
....lol...
smile.png
take care Dianna
frow.gif

Last edited:

Thsee two are my first Australorps. This is Stevie and Olive. They are the friendliest breed I have encountered. They seek us out when we are in their yard or ours. One of them laid her first egg today at 20 weeks...so Eggcited!

Your Australorps are beautiful (your Buff Orpington too). Thanks for posting the pic! :eek:)

The Black Australorps I have are noticeably more docile and sweet natured than any of the other breeds I have. They calm down and settle into my arms quickly when I pick them up, and are so trusting. I kept the one that turned out to be a rooster, he eats out of my hand and doesn't constantly try to rape the hens and never joined in the gangbang like my BO's and bantam Cochins will if given the chance.

Morning. Wanted to ask if the seasoned Australorp flock owners could help me out. I have two, supposed Aussie pullets, Laverne and Shirley 12wks old. Got them day old. They were fairly identical up until a few weeks ago. I'm thinking Laverne is really a cockerel, not sure, but I'm wondering about the eye color. Laverne's are a green/gold while Shirley's are a deep brown. Seems the dark eyes are the norm. Is this just a variance normally? Curious about their traits. Thanks for any input you can offer - Siouxsie

Shirley

Laverne

Morning. Wanted to ask if the seasoned Australorp flock owners could help me out. I have two, supposed Aussie pullets, Laverne and Shirley 12wks old. Got them day old. They were fairly identical up until a few weeks ago. I'm thinking Laverne is really a cockerel, not sure, but I'm wondering about the eye color. Laverne's are a green/gold while Shirley's are a deep brown. Seems the dark eyes are the norm. Is this just a variance normally? Curious about their traits. Thanks for any input you can offer - Siouxsie

Shirley

Laverne
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7015102/width/200/height/400[/I
MG][/QUOTE]

I also have two BA pullets. One has dark eyes, the other gray/green, just like in the pictures you posted. I was concerned at about 12 weeks that my gray eyed pullet was a cockerel also, they are 16 weeks now, and they are both definite females. Hope this helps! Love my Australorp girls! My absolute favorite breed.

Back
Top Bottom