Chicken Breed Focus - Ayam Cemani

Pics
I bought them as chicks. They claimed to have the best in the USA. Some had white toes and wing tips , but I was told not to worry, they would darken.They did, but now that they are five months... well, you can see. Definitely very disappointed. Obviously a few culls is to be expected, but none of them are good breeding stock. Just expensive egg layers.

About greenfire farms how did you get ahold of them and are their chicks really cemanis? I emailed them but got no response. I went to cemani farms and emailed them and they quickly responded

Greenfire Farms chicks are definitely actual cemanis. To get ahold of them just email them on the email listed on their website. They are a working farm so it might take them a day or two to get back to you especially if you email over the weekend but I've ordered with them twice and had not trouble getting a response from them either time. What email address did you use to contact them?

I emailed them from their website and it's been over 2 weeks and still no response. :/

Weird :/ Well I got my newsletter from them today saying they put in a new ordering system - maybe that's bogging them down?

Oh and hey, I have a new cockerel lined up :) Hopefully I can send eggs your way soon!

Same white ears. This is one from Feather lovers farm.

Last edited:
I bought Ayam Cemani directly from Greenfire Farms.
This is the young rooster they sent me for $2,000 along with a young pullet that looks very similar.

This is the son of the pair they sent me.

These are birds I received from directly Greenfire Farms.

Please let me know your thoughts....

Wow! That's a lot! It seems to me if you paid that much you should get much better quality birds. They have coloring in the combs and waddles. :/ I don't know. I'm curious to see what others will say.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom