Chicken Breed Focus - Ayam Cemani

Tks alot @sumi a follow this website since i start in the world of chikens and in my opinion it's a good learning center!
It is! I've learned a ton since joining the forum and I still learn new stuff here all the time
smile.png
I'm really enjoying getting to know all these breeds at the moment. My wish list is getting longer and longer and longer though!

this was very interesting, I had heard of them from a woman who was looking to buy a breeding pair for $2000! Two.Thousand.Dollars. I don't think she ever got them though, they would have had to come from Europe. She seemed to think she would be the first in Canada to have them.

I would love to have some of these in my flock, they're beautiful.

Thanks to everyone posting here about this breed. It's been on my "wish list" every since I was trying to find out what breed my current rooster is. Big thank you to those of you selling hatching eggs. I've been trying to find a local breeder since my luck hatching shipped eggs hasn't been great, but it's nice to have people who are willing to sell & ship eggs. :)

this was very interesting, I had heard of them from a woman who was looking to buy a breeding pair for $2000! Two.Thousand.Dollars. I don't think she ever got them though, they would have had to come from Europe. She seemed to think she would be the first in Canada to have them.

I would love to have some of these in my flock, they're beautiful.
Hi Again,
I am from The Netherlands - Europe
We can't easy ship birds over to USA or CAD. That cost alot of money, more then i will have in 2 months work.
That's why we are able to receive and sending hatching eggs.also with rules of course.
But sometimes it is possible to fly over hatching eggs by person ;-)
This year there will be a breeder coming up in the USA, that will receive hatching eggs from my birds.

Hi Again,

I am from The Netherlands - Europe

We can't easy ship birds over to USA or CAD. That cost alot of money, more then i will have in 2 months work.

That's why we are able to receive and sending hatching eggs.also  with rules of course.

But sometimes it is possible to fly over hatching eggs by person ;-)

This year there will be a breeder coming up in the USA, that will receive hatching eggs from my birds.

Just out of curiosity, what's the legality of this? If you pick them up in person and fly them back to your country do you have to do a lot of paperwork because you're importing them and plan to hatch them? I might be in Europe this summer and if it's actually legal to just pick eggs up and take them back with me I'd do it in a heartbeat to get some nice new genetics for my flock. I have a feeling it isn't that simple, though :(

Just out of curiosity, what's the legality of this? If you pick them up in person and fly them back to your country do you have to do a lot of paperwork because you're importing them and plan to hatch them? I might be in Europe this summer and if it's actually legal to just pick eggs up and take them back with me I'd do it in a heartbeat to get some nice new genetics for my flock. I have a feeling it isn't that simple, though
sad.png

You have to look what the rules are to import hatching eggs.....That is in every country different. you have to look at
Customs, Department of Agriculture what the rules are

I have papers to import in to the Netherlands

You have to look what the rules are to import hatching eggs.....That is in every country different. you have to look at

Customs, Department of Agriculture what the rules are

I have papers to import in to the Netherlands

Thanks! I looked into it and it looks like there's an import permit you need to fill out, and the flock you're getting the eggs from needs to be tested for certain diseases and also needs a health certificate from a vet. Also in some cases if you're importing from come countries you may even be required to do the hatching and brooding under the supervision of a special veterinarian. Plus the permit itself costs $150. Lot of work to get them in, at least in the US! A lot easier than live birds, though.

Thanks! I looked into it and it looks like there's an import permit you need to fill out, and the flock you're getting the eggs from needs to be tested for certain diseases and also needs a health certificate from a vet. Also in some cases if you're importing from come countries you may even be required to do the hatching and brooding under the supervision of a special veterinarian. Plus the permit itself costs $150. Lot of work to get them in, at least in the US! A lot easier than live birds, though.

If you go for a permit, you need to be sure that you are a hobby person that keep Chickens for pleasure
Otherwise you dont get a permit to import

I've looked into importing and exporting eggs to and from the US and Europe as I plan to work with some rare breeds and their breeders here (WFS etc) and it's a hassle with paperwork etc. I believe the US have sharpened their import regulations after the AI outbreak and made it more difficult to legally import eggs and VERY hard to import live birds. I think it's still best to go the full legal and above board route, especially with rare and special breeds. It will definitely be worth it though, if you can get some top notch birds from European breeders.

I've looked into importing and exporting eggs to and from the US and Europe as I plan to work with some rare breeds and their breeders here (WFS etc) and it's a hassle with paperwork etc. I believe the US have sharpened their import regulations after the AI outbreak and made it more difficult to legally import eggs and VERY hard to import live birds. I think it's still best to go the full legal and above board route, especially with rare and special breeds. It will definitely be worth it though, if you can get some top notch birds from European breeders.
In Europe it is possible to send live animals,
but it will cost you a fortune. Easy 4000, -euro's, so thats why people here in Europe go for Hatching eggs.
And otherwise you need to pick up

Back
Top Bottom