Chicken Breed Focus - Brahma

6 more brahmas for me...through 4h group...so I grabbed 2 light 2 dark and I believe 2 buff :) the one I’m holding is lookin like not a pullet at 2 weeks everyone has tail feathers and beautiful wings.....this one not so much just tiny wing feathers lol sad bc this was so friendly...loves to be held. The pics are the day we got them
They are very cute!

They are very cute!
Thank u :) unfortunately I believe one of the darks could be cockerel 2 week pics you will see the suspect boy infront of the other dark....suspect boy Only has wing feathers the others have tail feathers wing feathers and “shoulder” feathers haha and the u will see the other pic is they feathered girl

Attachments

• 771B30F4-ED9C-4C27-8452-3BFD964F4FFF.jpeg
    771B30F4-ED9C-4C27-8452-3BFD964F4FFF.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 14
  • B7ECCC35-A3C8-4EA8-94CE-2A499394E7AD.jpeg
    B7ECCC35-A3C8-4EA8-94CE-2A499394E7AD.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 17
I have 2 ligh Brahmas. Hem a roo. And I love them!!! They are so sweet. When my polish rooster runs at my 3 year old she yells “MooMoo save me!” And my Brahma roo comes running!!! I got them because I am a feathered foot lover & living in Jersey they are great for the colder weather. View attachment 2034692
Oh and not that you need a picture to imagine but my husband who is holding her...6’4” lol

Ok so my 6 pullets are 4 weeks old...pretty sure both my lights are cockerels. Wondering if dark Brahma cockerels feather in differently than the pullets with the penciling. I ask because 1 of my dark Brahma “pullets” is getting more white around the neck than the other. I’ll see if I have any pics if not I’ll take some tomorrow. Just wondering if they feather in differently...
edited to add pics...if u look at the one labeled mon you will see “her“ neck feathers in front have more white than the one labeled maledocent

Attachments

• 1548005C-6B9A-4140-9487-1B29A376589D.jpeg
    1548005C-6B9A-4140-9487-1B29A376589D.jpeg
    966.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 77E54A2B-3784-4380-9A8C-671B0C3D24A4.jpeg
    77E54A2B-3784-4380-9A8C-671B0C3D24A4.jpeg
    694.1 KB · Views: 16
Well I just realized tonight finally what my"twins" are! Dark brahmas! Freckles and Pecky. They're 5 months old. Getting huge already. Docile. Food driven. Haven't laid yet. I live in Florida...I keep them as cool as I can. They seem great so far!

Well I just realized tonight finally what my"twins" are! Dark brahmas! Freckles and Pecky. They're 5 months old. Getting huge already. Docile. Food driven. Haven't laid yet. I live in Florida...I keep them as cool as I can. They seem great so far!
I hope you get eggs soon!

I waited 7 months to the day for my first pullet to lay an egg lol my second pullet is 6.5 moths...still waiting lmbo

Mine are around the 5 month mark too and haven't started laying either :hmm. A couple hens have done the "I laid an egg" song I'm hoping that means instincts are kicking in and eggs may soon follow! I've got triplet dark brahma hens, one is a little lighter on the chest so is easy to tell apart but the other two I can't tell who is who. :idunnoThey've been named "The Sisters".

I really love the brahmas and their friendly chatter. Last week I bought two dominecker laying hens that screech like nails on a chalkboard, what a contrast! I have three cockerels out of the bunch and they get along great. One is the alpha doing his duty strutting crowing even "protected" the ladies from a scary baby snake and the other two are submissive, all three will often sit down and chill out side by side. They can't crow very well at all though! :lol::lol::lau I hope that improves...

Oops now starts the egg laying song lol gotta check

Brahma's are my hands down favorite, I could not ask for a better chicken. I did not notice my gals being too late to the egg party myself- m a y b e @ 5.5ish. Right in line with the BO's and BR's. I consider anything earlier than that to be early ;) .
I have started breeding my gals and now have Brahma-cans, Brahma-rocks, Brahma-rock-cans :rolleyes:. A favorite is the Brahma Rock. Sweet, great noises, best of both worlds but nothing cuter than a 100% Light Brahma baby.
20200818_105458.jpg

Back
Top Bottom