Chicken Breed Focus - Leghorn

Saw a post on fb that this was going on..yaay..for leghorns! I was out taking photos of my leghorn and red sex link today. Had to get photos of their cute muddy feet. They are loving being out of the run, but they sure know how to find the best mud spot! My leghorns are always soo friendly! I love them. Today.. Past Leghorns What they do best! Well, besides begging for treats!!
Oh i think I actually did see this haha whoops. Pretty birds!

Saw a post on fb that this was going on..yaay..for leghorns!
I was out taking photos of my leghorn and red sex link today. Had to get photos of their cute muddy feet. They are loving being out of the run, but they sure know how to find the best mud spot! My leghorns are always soo friendly! I love them. Today..

Past Leghorns

What they do best!

Well, besides begging for treats!!

haha! begging for treats! yes! that is so true! my leghorns had a rough start to laying but they Just started back laying 3 days ago! got 6 eggs! from all! and 7 hans

they saw treats!
lau.gif

I bought 3 White Leghorns; not knowing anything about chickens. They were my best egg layers. Sadly, my dog killed one and the other died of unknown causes. Rosie is still going strong and lays almost an egg per day. She was my last white egg layer so I ordered 3 Brown Leghorns. They are still chicks so I can't comment on their egg laying yet. I plan to snag a few more White Leghorns when my local farm store gets them in stock this spring. I love having a variety of chickens. I have been selling my extra eggs to friends and white are the least popular because people associate them with store-bought eggs, but I still love the way they look mixed into a dozen of brown, green, and blue. I have been considering crossing my white egg layers with my Olive Egger roo in the future and hatching them out to see what I get.

Daisy was posing today so I thought i would add a few more. She had muddy feet as well as Cynthia12's lady.

With her friend Patsy begging for treats

Muddy Feet

Her comb reminds me of a cocked beret.

It's taken a long time to learn how to be agile with my phone and take 1 handed photos. I'm glad everyone likes them. The subject is just so full of personality she makes it easy.

Back
Top Bottom