Chicken Breed Focus - Serama

Seramas are like half the size of bantams! No one will notice!
Nobody except the other hens! How do they get along with DP hens like BSL? I really don't want to have another coop.
If it helps, my hens get along with my 1lb OEGB girls so they are very tolerant of others.

Last edited:
Yeah... Nobody except the other hens! How do they get along with DP hens like BSL? I really don't want to have another coop.
If it helps, my hens get along with my 1lb OEGB girls so they are very tolerant of others....

I just can't believe how CUTE seramas are!
love.gif

-Banti

Mine get alone just fine, They are about the size of OEGB, But a little smaller, If they get along with them they should be fine with seramas!

Mine get alone just fine, They are about the size of OEGB, But a little smaller, If they get along with them they should be fine with seramas!
Hey! You were supposed to say they'd kill them and I need another coop and really should wait....

Yeah right, who am I kidding?
lau.gif

Good to know, thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah... Nobody except the other hens! How do they get along with DP hens like BSL? I really don't want to have another coop.
If it helps, my hens get along with my 1lb OEGB girls so they are very tolerant of others....

I just can't believe how CUTE seramas are! :love
-Banti

Mine can hold there own. They may be small but they are sassy. My hens that are bigger than them move out of the way, my seramas have had no problem with them. If they get along with the OEGB they should be fine with a Serama. Maybe introduce the OEGB to the Serama first and then to the rest...

What's the typical life span?

Normal Chicken Life span!

I Remembered something the article Didn't mention, because the seramas are the smallest breed, They have different size "classes".

Sizes – Cocks,
Micro – upto 13 ounces
Class A – under 13 ounces
Class B – under 16 ounces
Class C – under 19 ounces

Hens
Micro – upto 8 ounces
Class A – under 12 ounces
Class B – under 15 ounces
Class C – under 17 ounces

So If anyone Has seramas, Be sure to weigh them!

Back
Top Bottom