Chicken Breed Focus - Serama

One of our Seramas, we love them so much!!

Is this cutie a serama? I purchased 4 straight run bantams from rural King...I have 1 golden sebright, he just crowed yesterday..so darn cute..2 mille fluer, and one TINY gal that I can't figure out. She is half the size of my other bantams,,or maybe less than that. She looks and is about the size of a dove. As to temperament, she is sweet but does not care for anything to do with humans..or chickens, for that matter ..she hangs out by herself, hard to catch..not what I would call flighty, but standoffish..a loner. She doesn't seem to hve the carriage of a serama but maybe she is just a poor quality one..any ideas or opinions? The pics really dont show how small she is..they say the camera adds ten lbs, lol..my friend holding her has very small hands..w

Darn it..having trouble loading pics..trying again..

She has one slightly bent toe..noticed it after we got home, of course..but pic does make it look worse tthan it really is..
She's cute, and by the look of the comb is young and will probably grow a bit more. She looks like an Old English Game Bantam. Serama legs are usually yellow or dark, not white.

Darn it..having trouble loading pics..trying again..

She has one slightly bent toe..noticed it after we got home, of course..but pic does make it look worse tthan it really is..

She's cute, and by the look of the comb is young and will probably grow a bit more. She looks like an Old English Game Bantam. Serama legs are usually yellow or dark, not white.

I agree, Probably not serama. Most hatcheries don't have seramas. Most have OEGBs. She is really cute

We keep a flock of Seramas as pets. Most are sweet and friendly. They can fly very well. They are lovely birds, but do need supplemental heat if temps get into the 30's or lower.

baby cockerels

8 very broody hens!

handsome youngster

big personalities in little packages

2 day old next to a 2 wk Orpington

He thinks he's a Jersey Giant!

a pretty hen

in the land of giants (well, medium sized gold sexlink anyway!)

our first two ever

We keep a flock of Seramas as pets. Most are sweet and friendly. They can fly very well. They are lovely birds, but do need supplemental heat if temps get into the 30's or lower.

baby cockerels

8 very broody hens!

handsome youngster

big personalities in little packages

2 day old next to a 2 wk Orpington

He thinks he's a Jersey Giant!

a pretty hen

in the land of giants (well, medium sized gold sexlink anyway!)

our first two ever

Hey, Do you go to serama shows, You are close to me... You have some nice birds!

Hey, Do you go to serama shows, You are close to me... You have some nice birds!
Thank you! Been to the table top show in Manteca a couple of times but have not shown. Are there any good shows coming up? Not a lot of room for breeding here. Only let 6 hatch out this year. I do have a few extra cockerels and a pullet if you know anyone interested. Some are silkied.

Thank you! Been to the table top show in Manteca a couple of times but have not shown. Are there any good shows coming up? Not a lot of room for breeding here. Only let 6 hatch out this year. I do have a few extra cockerels and a pullet if you know anyone interested. Some are silkied.

Cool! I went to the show in manteca this year, I did really well! I got youth champion Silkied female, and youth reserve champion Female! There is one this weekend in Ramona, I am going to one in Yuba City in november, You would have to look on the website to see if there are more

Back
Top Bottom