Chicken Breed Focus - Silkie

Ok, i think Marty is a roo.. but Princess.. hmm.. i have one that is very similar to princess... nothing overtly male, but not a poofy crest either. I think you need to wait on that one. I should get dna results on my black one hopefully tomorrow.. but it looks super similar to yours.. except im seeing hackle feathers possibly on yours (mine are 2 weeks younger than yours). Ill let you know what mine turns out to be along w pics so you can compare.
The only reason I think Princess is a female is because she’s a bit smaller than Marty. I have to get pictures of the other two!!

The only reason I think Princess is a female is because she’s a bit smaller than Marty. I have to get pictures of the other two!!
My partridge is smaller than my black one, so i thought the black might be a roo, but then i learned that only works for actual full siblings of the same color. And my two are hatchmates, but totally different lines.

When I brought my Silkies, I was hoping for @ least 1 Rooster, at that time, I didn't know that it was hard to tell until later. But I wouldn't trade any of my Chicks!
Yea, with silkies it's a roll of the dice. I really hope neither of mine is a Male... i can't keep roosters where i live 😭 and of course we are already attached.

DNA results are in.....

ITS A GIRL!!!
20200702_171959.jpg

Anddddd.....

IT'S ALSO A GIRL!!

20200707_185007.jpg

Yayyyy!! Im so happy!

Where did you order your DNA test? I may be interested in doing this just to be certain of what I have.
https://iqbirdtesting.com/
Typically you get your results back within 10 days, including mailing time. But because of covid, it took mine 29 days. But there's no way i could have waited 6+ months to absolutely be sure otherwise!

Back
Top Bottom