chicken breed? ?

or could be hatchery's "idea"(notice the quotes...) of lakenvelder. saw a vorwek listed in a hatchery.. no idea if they come in a silver verison?
The mystery has been solved! Lol, thanks so much, I have came to the conclusion that she's a Silver Lakenvelder.

No . Not a lakenveldar. It has no white earlobes and the hackle feathers are way too pale and the tail is not near the right angle. Its more of sussex cross.

No . Not a lakenveldar. It has no white earlobes and the hackle feathers are way too pale and the tail is not near the right angle. Its more of sussex cross.
thanks but I still think it's a lakenvelder..all of the pictures of the chicks that I looked up looked exactly like mine a couple weeks ago. But I'll keep looking about it and time will tell. Thanks.

the earlobes would be noticable by now, the hackle feathers on both male and female are black and this black is not just a stripe down the back.also the body type is too deep to be a lakenvelder and the tail is held at the wrong angle

No Sussex chick that I've found via google images looked like mine as a chick. Sussex chicks seem to be white, yellow, or brown and my chick was gray.

Back
Top Bottom