Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Not exactly a project as such but I'm just hoping to achieve some Silkies of a nice British Standard. Getting them as small as I possibly can!

I'm focusing on my pure whites and partridges, all bearded.
Sounds like a good plan. :D
We have a black Silkie Roo we are trying to breed with two Ayam Cemani hens. I would love to have truly melanistic silkies. But maybe I’ll just get Brodie Cemani hens. We’ll see lol.
I had the same idea, but forgot about it.:eek: Curious on how this project will turn out for you.

I was also going to breed mottled Java’s but both the cockerels I had ended up passing and I cannot for the life’s of me find another cockerel or rooster. I drove an hour for one and spent 2 hours in the woods trying to catch him too! I’ve thought about breeding them to a mottled Orpington rooster and going from there.

Attachments

• 1F6C7299-173C-4686-9799-C85D11206318.jpeg
    1F6C7299-173C-4686-9799-C85D11206318.jpeg
    599 KB · Views: 7
I was also going to breed mottled Java’s but both the cockerels I had ended up passing and I cannot for the life’s of me find another cockerel or rooster. I drove an hour for one and spent 2 hours in the woods trying to catch him too! I’ve thought about breeding them to a mottled Orpington rooster and going from there.
I thought Javas were black.
That's sad how you lost your boys. I can't imagine chasing a chicken around in the woods for 2 hours.

I'll be creating a line of Muff GameFowl that doesn't fight. Non-Fighting Muff GameFowl.
My Cockerels for my Project is a: Black Copper Maran/GameFowl cross
1213191503.jpg
and an EE.
0807191526.jpg
The Pullets for the project are Red JungleFowl.
1014191504b.jpg
0906191510.jpg
There's only 2 Red JungleFowl pullets.

I may add black sumatra to the line later on, or a different type of game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom