Chicken breeds

Thanks but is there any that you have that is a good layer of any color of egg except for white and good opened up but mostly good free rangers have more colors of eggs I already have brown and green and I would like the dark brown layers thanks

I have both welsummers and several types of marans and love both. That said, however, my marans are my poorest layers. The welsumers have the advantage of laying eggs almost as dark as the black copper marans, and darker than the blue splash marans, and some of their eggs are speckled and they have the advantage that they and even their olive egger offspring can be sexed at hatch.
I have the marans because I like them, but if I were going for higher egg totals I wouldn't.
sad.png

I wish my BCM had your roos personality! I swear he and I go to battle every time I walk into the barn yard!!! But I keep him around cuz he keeps my girls safe and fertile.

Forgot about my Ameraucana! I should be ashamed of myself!!! She is one of my sweetest girls! I love that she is tailless. She is small and gentle. Everyone loves her... Rockie!
Wow my BCM roo named Copper died 3 months ago
hit.gif
he just keeled over no symptoms
He was the kindest and sweetest rooster I ever had. He was big and had a big heart. I could just walk over to him and pick him up.
He has many daughters (Non are pure mixes of maran) BUT only 1 son his name is Copper Jr.
Copper Jr. is nothing like his father he is pure BCM but a brat and doesn't like people. He just runs
I think it all depends on how you raise them.
Your ameraucana is an araucana cause she is rumpless, they lay blue eggs!

I was looking at those but I want something that people commonly but as I was to sell fertile hatching eggs and I like the Cochins does anyone have any experience with those I like the partridge ones

Wow my BCM roo named Copper died 3 months ago:hit he just keeled over no symptoms 
He was the kindest and sweetest rooster I ever had. He was big and had a big heart. I could just walk over to him and pick him up.
He has many daughters (Non are pure mixes of maran) BUT only 1 son his name is Copper Jr.
Copper Jr. is nothing like his father he is pure BCM but a brat and doesn't like people. He just runs 
I think it all depends on how you raise them.
Your ameraucana is an araucana cause she is rumpless, they lay blue eggs!

I'm sorry for your loss

He was a handsome boy have you had experience with them how often do they lay an egg or how many a year
They lay about 5 eggs a week but you have to breed until you get a hen that lays real dark eggs.
They are just beautiful to look at and the eggs are so pretty.
I have cross bred a splash wheaten maran rooster with a black copper maran hen. I made 3 Wheaten maran hens and 6 Blue Wheaten marans 4 were roosters. Marans have a high percent of females.
My favorite blue wheaten hen is Smoky She is like a lavender color with copper I can post a picture when I can.
They all have feathered legs

Back
Top Bottom