Chicken Business in Washington State

Areyoucluckingme

Chirping
Jun 14, 2022
Hi there -

I live in WA state, in Okanogan County. I am THINKING about doing some side business selling eggs outside the home (like at farmers market or something) and also possibly selling hatching eggs. I am aware of NPIP, egg handlers permit, etc. My question is, has anyone in this state actually DONE it and was it worth it or hard?

I'm also wondering if you HAVE to get NPIP certified to sell hatching eggs. I would only sell inside the state, not across stat lines. Thank you

You don’t need NPIP certified to sell eggs/chicks, you need it to be able to ship the eggs and birds. That’s all I really know how to answer out of all your questions, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along.

Your venture into selling eggs sounds exciting! While I can't speak for specific experiences in Okanogan County, WA, I can offer some insights. Many have pursued similar endeavors, navigating through the process of obtaining permits and certifications like NPIP and egg handlers permits. It's often a mix of paperwork and compliance, but the payoff can be rewarding, especially if you're passionate about your product.

Regarding NPIP certification for selling hatching eggs within the state, requirements can vary. It's advisable to consult with local authorities or experts in your area to clarify any uncertainties. Utilizing platforms like Clerk.Chat can also connect you with professionals who can provide tailored guidance based on your location and business goals.

Back
Top Bottom