Chicken butt

KrissyCole

Hatching
Mar 18, 2017
My two week old chicks have bubbling noises coming from their butts. I swear it sounds just like hydrogen peroxide bubbling! I have been feeding them medicated chick feed for a week and today I started mixing in cracked corn and giving them a dish of chick grit. I am really bugged out by this and I know my boyfriends family thinks I'm crazy for sticking chicken butts up to everyone's ear! They hear it too though. What the world!?

Greetings from Kansas, KrissyCole, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! I've not heard of what you are describing - it might be a good idea to post here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
Hope your chicks are okay and thanks for joining BYC!
smile.png

I would guess your chicks are very gassy and the sounds you hear are probably fore runners of projectile diarrhea. I wouldn't position myself near their butt, if I were you.
Something they have eaten is not agreeing with them.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

G’Day from down under KrissyCole
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received a link to the ER Forum, I will just wish you and your little ones all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

My two week old chicks have bubbling noises coming from their butts. I swear it sounds just like hydrogen peroxide bubbling! I have been feeding them medicated chick feed for a week and today I started mixing in cracked corn and giving them a dish of chick grit. I am really bugged out by this and I know my boyfriends family thinks I'm crazy for sticking chicken butts up to everyone's ear! They hear it too though. What the world!?

Hi!! Did you ever come to a conclusion? We found a stray chick and have been monitoring her for about 18 hours. She has this exact noise coming from her butt! I thought I was going crazy until I found your post!

Back
Top Bottom