Chicken chase

damarisgw

Songster
10 Years
May 29, 2009
Ok so im downsizing my flock due to the fact that some of them are getting old and some keep flying over their pen every single morning after I put them in at night .
My dad is blaming it on me that he has no grass because my chickens scratch it up and eat it blah blah blah .
Ok so I decided to sell the chickens that keep going a-wall on me .A woman had just called in the morning responding to my ad on craigslist that I was selling chickens
Man was it hard to catch just two tiny chickens and a rooster...
A OEG hen, BO pullet and a paranoid EE roo...
After trying to give them food to get close to me which didnt work
They ALL decided to run into the mess of bamboo we have in the back yard I tripped over a bamboo root and fell right on my face .
So covered in dirt I get up and start kneeling down throwing pieces of bread and WHAM!! The stupid rooster comes at my face and attacks me from out of no where .
I was beyond mad so I caught him by the neck and threw him in the cage.
Next were the two hens which flew straight up over my head aaah!!!
I was covered in sweat and dirt and twigs and leaves I looked like a cave woman !
I finally cornered the OEG into a corner and caught her using a stretched out hanger bent at the tip to form a crook
Next was the BO which was no where to be found i found her stuck in between 2 bamboos so that was easy .
So after 45 min of sweating ,running and catching these crazy chickens it was finally over.
Just as I was going to open the dog kennel to put her in with the rest of the inmates they made a break for it !!!
I have given up and told the lady to come back tomorrow ...
he.gif

The end

They roost HIIIIIGGHHH up in a tree like 20 which is why I cant get them I have no I idea how they get so high but they do :s

Quote:
They are clipped very short when they flap they look like buffalo wings ! They jump so high its not even funny

Quote:
Both I tried one and they could still fly up to the tree and with both they can go up to the fence ..
Theyre super chickens

Well two of the super chickens are gone , then other one I couldn't catch it's hiding somewhere in the bamboo .

Back
Top Bottom