Chicken coop ideas, designs, layouts, and suggestions

Kid chicken1

Hatching
Jun 24, 2016
Hey, I'm wanted to get some more chickens but I need another chicken coop, post you chicken coop pictures, ideas, layouts, and designs here would be very helpful. If you also have any chicken coop suggestions post it on here too!

Hey,
I also am new to the BYC world - about 6 months now. The thing I found most helpful was to prepare a single roost (up high) where all your chickens can spend the night. They will bicker over who is next to who each night, but eventually accept everyone on the same pole, if there is room. Each night I place a piece of brown craft paper, or pink construction paper, directly under the roost. This catches all the overnight waste (poop). The next day you can dispose of the dried poop into a compost bin or just throw the entire paper into the trash. Without the paper, all of this poop goes directly into the chips/straw on the floor.
Also a three gallon bucket with nipples for watering provides clear and fresh water for up to one week. Especially if you a water preservative - I forget the name of the brand I use.

I also have a "chicken door" which automatically opens at dawn and closes at dark, and a PVC feeder. You don't have to a chicken slave, just enjoy them on your schedule.

Good Luck,

Hey, I'm wanted to get some more chickens but I need another chicken coop, post you chicken coop pictures, ideas, layouts, and designs here would be very helpful. If you also have any chicken coop suggestions post it on here too!
Since you are new here, a great place to start is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops
You could spend hours in that section getting ideas for your own coop, then put up your own page once you have built your perfect coop.

Back
Top Bottom