Chicken coop interior and exterior watering system

Here in Michigan we had an extremely cold winter also.
I went to Horizontal Watering Nipples this year, mounted then directly to a 5 gallon bucket.
The bucket hangs at the necessary height in my run area.
With a 250 watt submersible water heater hanging in the bucket, I had no issues with freeze up.
I did use a standard 5 gallon snap on bucket lid, cut a hole just large enough to get the power cord thru for the heater.

I went to Horizontal Watering Nipples this year, mounted then directly to a 5 gallon bucket.
With a 250 watt submersible water heater hanging in the bucket, I had no issues with freeze up.
I did use a standard 5 gallon snap on bucket lid, cut a hole just large enough to get the power cord thru for the heater.
I'm surprised the nipples work horizontally.

I like simple setup of the winter water system. I wonder if a submersible aquarium heater would work?

I have several left over from my old tank setups. They have the advantage of internal thermostats and adjustable temperature settings.

I like simple setup of the winter water system. I wonder if a submersible aquarium heater would work?

I have several left over from my old tank setups. They have the advantage of internal thermostats and adjustable temperature settings.
The pail heater has an internal thermostat, seems to work very well.

Back
Top Bottom