Chicken Coop names: What did you name your coop/coops

My latest is the Pullet Palace.

The BH thought we ought to paint it pink, which would make it the Pink Pullet Palace. Were it obscured from the road, I might have considered indulging BH's impulse and, alas, I can't do it. The ridicule from passersby would be just too much, perhaps enough to put me off the very birds that were MY idea i the first place.

I had considered allowing BH to install pink curtains inside the south window, which would be located immediately above the hinged top of the nest boxes, where they could be enyoyed by both the feathered ladies and the BH herself.

That was until the Lovely Lisa, the BH of my Neighbor Dave, heard of the contretemps, and produced a leftover half gallon of pink paint. Not enough to paint the whole coop, obviously, but she suggested to my BH that it might be enough to do the trim.

Gotta love neighbors!
roll.png

So between weather and chores we still aren't painted and probably won't be until spring. That gives us the winter to sort out the best aesthetic. I'll be arguing for pinking on the trim only on the doors, which ARE obscured from the road.

I'll keep ya posted on how I . . . er, um . . . we make out.

I've already picked out the name of our new coop and designed the sign for it, and it isn't even built yet!
big_smile.png
(It'a play on the Cirque du Soleil logo)

91980_cirque_du_poulet.jpg

Last edited:
These are all great! I need to think of something clever. We have four coops in a huge pen with interconnecting doors between the coop.
It looks like a "country club" prison complex. Maybe I should call it Lompoc or Butner...

I had my sign and name years before we broke ground so I think that it is normal. Make sure that you build your coop using chicken math. My wife and i agreed on only 5 and now have 14 and I want more.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom