Chicken Coop names: What did you name your coop/coops

My shed was just delivered today and will be converted into a coop next week. Most of my 18 chicks have turned out to be cockerels :( .. unless I can find a home for the little guys, they will be headed to freezer camp and destined for my grill. From coop to grill.. hence the chicken coops new name .....

Coop de Grill.

Egg~A~Day Chalet....

Was going to make it "shall-lay" but DH didn't think anyone would get it..
idunno.gif

I currently have 2 coops in use and one in the middle of putting together.

My first coop, because it has 2 doors, 2 nesting boxes, 2 window boxes, 2 windows and 2 roosts I decided to name it the "Little Deuce Coop"; my second coop is "Poultry in Motion" and the third I'm working on is a small, slant roof dog house that I'm revamping and turning into a transitional/brooder coop and it will be named "Mini-Coop'R."

I've just read all 174 posts. It's been fun. After all that, coincidentally the post before mine is Hen Heaven. Ours is Chicken Heaven. It's a converted old wood store and very primitive, and the chickens are happy there.

Ohhh, this is strange. I usually name everything but i didn't even think about naming the coop! Its in my stable block thats called Oyster block, so Oyster coop?

My adorable guinea keets arrived shortly after my return from a mission trip to Africa. Being African birds, their coop was christened "Kanga Nyumba" Swahili for Guinea Home.
The chicken coop isn't even built yet
ya.gif
but its already named...Bethle-Hen!

Back
Top Bottom