Chicken Crafts! (Show Off Your Craftiness)

Pics
Oh may I share some of my chicken crafts?! I am new to chickens. (Have had mine under a year!) But since I got my Dominique pullets they have inspired me. Just some random stuff I have done since having them! Sorry for the quality of the photos they were taken on my cellphone and I have come to realize there is no good lighting in this house! I call this Tea Time for Three, just a little doodle I did of the three girls. A cartoon of my girls as chicks and their personalities at the time. They pretty much continued to be just the same ^^ (Though Bumgarner has found a new home.) One of the necklaces I made out of their feathers! I also made earrings. A ceramic tile I painted with a cartoon version of my girl Plouffe and a flower ^^ The interior of the house was recently redone so now I have a huge pile of green and white tiles I didn't know what to do with, but I have found a use for them. I absolutely love chickens now that I have them and enjoy painting and draw these silly creatures very much!!! I hope to paint more tiles in the future!! Sorry to post so much! But I just love the chickies!
NICE!!!!

Thanks all...glad you like the ornaments! I need to start collecting/blowing eggs now for next year, I get like 2 out of every dozen because my hub forgets and cracks them open before I can get to them :) Some days I wish I had more than 4 hens, but I love my girls.

How do you blow them out without breaking. I have some serama fart eggs that i would love to turn into earings for easter. Please help. I'm even willing to trade eggs for someone to do it for me.... lol

How do you blow them out without breaking. I have some serama fart eggs that i would love to turn into earings for easter. Please help. I'm even willing to trade eggs for someone to do it for me.... lol
very very very carefully (not being a bugger about it.. that's just the facts)

I have blown out quail eggs which are very thin shelled... broke several in the process because just drilling them hit some hairline cracks that I hadn't noticed. But if you are careful with the hand drilling and there are no hairline cracks they come out fine.

edited to add:
for those tiny fart eggs you may want to let them naturally dry out on their own (it takes a while) then clear coat and just glue on the jewelry findings with something like E6000

Last edited:
I used one of these to blow the eggs: http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Cabin-6...TF8&qid=1360791073&sr=8-1&keywords=egg+blower (Wasn't able to find in craft stores, had to order it online)

After getting all the yolk/whites out I filled with water/vineger and then blew that out a few times to make sure it was clean... then stick in the microwave for about 15 -30 seconds to dry out. (it's very hot when it comes out of the microwave!)

Back
Top Bottom