Chicken Diaper

BeautifulBlue

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
UK
Ok, I've tried and tried and tried and failed several times to make a chicken diaper for my chick. So does anybody have a pattern thats suitable for a small chick? She's a miniature silkie and she's almost 3 weeks old.
I'm willing to pay for the pattern, and will not sell it on, this is for my own personal use.

I don't have a pattern, but you can always try with a small piece of cloth to see about what size would fit her. I've seen chicken diapers or parrot or larger bird diapers,..... search online to see how they're made to see if you can copy one for your lil wee one. Seeing as how it's a small chick it won't have a defined shape as an adult bird. Since they're tiny puffs when little. I've seen adult diapers that have elastic that comes from the back of the bird diaper over the shoulder or wing to the front of the diaper. & I've seen in posts where people use thin pantyliners or very thin maxi pads (depending on the bird's size) to use as a "diaper liner". The sticky side keeps it in place & it's absorbent.

Back
Top Bottom