Chicken diapers and such (whats your take)

redrstr29

Songster
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
SO I have been surfing the web, and this novelty keeps popping up as well as bras and aprons for hens, I showed my 92 yr old Grandmother, who raised chickens for 60 yrs. and she couldn't believe her eyes lol, I love the old lady sooo much, I thought I'd giver her a thrill lol, DO people actually use these?? Whats everyone's take on this??

Aldo

I think it is mostly for people who keep the chickens as indoor pets to keep the poo off the floor. I think it's a little silly, but, to each their own :)

We had one special hen once upon a time that wore a diaper and was a 'house hen'. Strange? YES! Lol but she was totally worth it. She had more personality than any bird I've ever met before or since :) excellent alarm clock and she told me when it was time for bed too lol

I bought one for my hen Char when she broke her leg and needed hospitalized--in the house LOL! She hated it! I tried it on my Silkie roo that was a bit sick and he was completely fine with it, it looked really funny on him as it was pink!

lol i dont know whether I want one or not!! lol not for me of course ,,,,.........

yeah its cost alot but its wroth it if you have them in side
old.gif

Wow.. I remember years ago when one of our members was here showing her new invention. Hate to say that I laughed my butt off. Still not my thing but I sure aint laughing now. Those things hit big. Even nation news spots...

lol My grandmother would hit me in the back of the head with a broom If i ever brought a chicken inside wearing a diaper...lol...
hide.gif
...and then have fried chicken for dinner.....lol shes 92 and helped me cull 15 last year... I love her so much
hugs.gif

AND may I add I used to be her helper since I was 8 Helping her out on the farm with all the rabbits and chickens and goats, She showed me how to butcher all those animals step my step since that age, what to keep, what to throw out, whats good whats not, we had days when I'd get home from school 3rd or 4th grade ,which she told me ahead of time, that TOMMORROWS THE BIG DAY.... i'd get off the bus throw my back pack down and we'd knock em out 30 in a day lol, now shes my helper
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom