Chicken diapers, saddles & turkey saddles UPDATED 1/16/08

2mnypets

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Saucier, Mississippi
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE POPULARITY OF THE DIAPERS AND SADDLES, I AM HAVING TO STOP TAKING ORDERS FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. I ROUGHLY HAVE ABOUT 40 TO DO, AND WITH A NEW GRANDBABY DUE ANY DAY, THERE ARE JUST NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY TO FINISH EVERYTHING. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHEN I GET CAUGHT UP. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING IN THIS MATTER.

Chicken diapers, saddles AND NOW TURKEY SADDLES are now available for that special chicken or person. This is a great opportunity to get that special breed or National Show Bird out of the elements. They are also great for that convolescent bird who just keeps getting pecked on, or is recovering from a near miss.

These prices are reflecting the price increase. Due to the amount of time we are now spending in making the diapers or saddles, and of course the gas prices, we had no choice. We live out in the country and even though we are buying in bulk now for most of the items needed, we are still going to town 3-4 times a week for more inventory items. Prices for the diapers range from $12-18 depending on the sizes and amount of material. The diapers include 5 disposable liners that you can find at any store. We are now offering a permanent liner that makes clean up easier, Just remove the diaper, discard the by-product and wipe clean with a tissue, paper towel or wet wipe. There is an additional $5.00 added to the price of any diaper due to the cost of the vinyl. There are a few differences that make our diapers stand out. First and foremost is the velcro. It's a little more "one person friendly" when attempting to get the diaper on by yourself. Secondly, we cover the elastic with matching fabric to help reduce irritation to the chicken's skin or feathers. A stabilizing strap now comes standard with all diaper purchases regardless of the size. This stabilizer prevents the elastic straps from sliding off the chickens back on either side. It is a removable piece of material that has velcro just like the diaper. Although the stabilizer comes already attached when you receive your diaper, it is still an optional item to utilize.

The price for the saddles range from $8-12 depending on the size of chicken you have. Turkey saddles will be $15.00 due to the amount of material that is needed to make it. Since we have so many fabrics now to choose from, we suggest you click on the link in the signature to check them all out. People with dial up, it will take awhile for all the pictures to download for you on the website. We apologize in advance! Email us for orders that will be paid with money orders (and don't forget to list the size & choice of material), or check out the website for paypal orders. Don't forget to check us out on Ebay! Here are the catagories:

SMALL – BANTAM or CHICKEN up to 3 lbs.
Ancona bantam
Andalusian bantam
Aseel or Asil bantam
Australorp bantam
Barnvelder bantam
Belgian D'Anver, or Antwerp Belgian, Barbu d'Anvers, D'Uccle or Barbu d'Uccle bantam
Booted or Sabelpoot
Brahma bantam
Dorking bantam
Dutch bantam
Hamburg or Hamburgh bantam
Houdan bantam
Japanese or Chabo bantam
Leghorn bantam
Maran bantam
Minorca bantam
Modern Game or Modern English Game bantam
Naked Neck or Turken bantam
New Hampshire Red bantam
Old English Game bantam
Phoenix bantam
Plymouth or Barred Rock bantam
Rosecombs
Rhode Island Red bantam
Seabright
Silkie
Sussex bantam
Welsummer bantam
Wyandotte bantam

MEDIUM DIAPERS – 3 to 5.5 lbs.
Ameraucana
Ancona
Andalusian
Spitzhauben
Aseel or Asil
Buttercup
Campine
Cubalaya
Dominique
Fayoumi or Egyptian Fayoumi
Hamburg or Hamburgh
La Fleche
Lakenvelder
Leghorn
Modern Game or Modern English Game
Old English Game
Penedesenca
Phoenix
Polish
Sultan
Yokohama

LARGE DIAPERS – 6 to 7.5 lbs.
Australorp
Barnvelder
Buckeye
Catalina
Chantecler
Crevecoeur
Delaware
Dorking
Favorelles
Holland or American Holland
Houdan
Java
Lamona
Langshan
Malay
Maran
Minorca
Naked Neck or Turken
New Hampshire Red
Orloff or Russian Orloff
Plymouth or Barred Rock
Red Cap or Derbyshire Red Cap
Rhode Island Red
Spanish White Face
Sumatra
Sussex
Welsummer

EXTRALARGE DIAPERS – 8 lbs. & over or heavy plumage
Brahma
Cochin
Cornish
Jersey Giant
Orpington
Wyandotte

Here's a picture of the saddles. Of course you pick the fabric of your choice!
100_4584.jpg

Last edited:
LOL...well I haven't got directions. I just make them and sell for a little Christmas money. Teenagers sure are expensive when it comes to what they want.

Already got a teenager. Don't need another one of those!!

So I could ask my teenager to buy me a chicken diaper for Christmas? How fun
smile.png

Man, you're no fun. I have three of them. Can you say grey hair that will probably be all pulled out by the time they all graduate?

2manypets, How much are you selling them for and sence you just started selling them can I get a free tester diaper?
wink.png

To protect the hen from the roosters nails and spurs. Mine were going barebacked, being his favs, plus molting, so they were naked under their wings. This helps plus I bet they're warmer at night.

Back
Top Bottom