Chicken eye colors

Light sussex have orange. My speckled has yellow. My araucanas have pea green
tongue.png

My EE had the most intriguing eyes I'd ever seen. They were a bright amber in color, almost golden, with what looked almost like a very subtle central heterochromia that was reddish brown. Very, very pretty. She started out with gray eyes.

My White rock girls both have dark brown eyes, and my Silkie has eyes that are a very dark slate gray, almost black. I had an EE roo that I gave up because of our local laws and ordinances not authorizing the keeping of roos, and he had the most stunning olive green eyes that lingered all the way to adulthood.

My BR has green eyes, my Delaware has pretty golden orange eyes and my JG has black eyes. I've yet to get to know the six week old girls as well because our current baby setup isn't perfect.

My Barred Rocks started out with dark eyes, then greenish-blue, the pea green, the green-grey, and finally turned to a yellow-bay. I think it does vary by breed, because eye color is important in the Standard of Perfection. All of my girls have a some shade of brown/bay. One of my "Sex-Links" has reddish eyes, and my other had dark brown, like an Australorp.

I have a showgirl roo that has golden eyes. It is only the second one out of hundreds I have hatched that had eyes that were not brown or black. It's feathers are also pinkish in color.

Back
Top Bottom