Chicken face planted

GoldenBlossoms

Songster
May 30, 2022
I have never seen a chicken face plant until today. I was letting my chickens out of the coop and my fat chicken named Poppy (Cochin) ran over my not so fat chicken Lavender (Lavender Orpington) making her face plant and now she has been acting hurt. I checked her over and she seems ok as far as I can tell but she is act like her right leg is weak. She can't balance on her roosting stick or my arm. I'm still pretty new to owning chickens.

How is she doing now?

She may have injured herself. I'd make sure she's able to get to food/water and that she's drinking and eating o.k.
I wouldn't try to make her roost, let her rest in some soft bedding.

If you have video of how she moves and acts, that may be helpful as well. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

She seems to be ok now. She isn't acting weak today. Idk what was wrong yesterday or what changed but I'll take a video if she starts to act odd again. She is eating and drinking fine too.
How is she doing now?

She may have injured herself. I'd make sure she's able to get to food/water and that she's drinking and eating o.k.
I wouldn't try to make her roost, let her rest in some soft bedding.

If you have video of how she moves and acts, that may be helpful as well. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Back
Top Bottom