Chicken fat: yellow vs white?

Yes!! Thankfully. the idea that saturated fat is "bad" has really begun to be debunked in recent years. But it will take time for all the anti-fat thinking to go away.
Not to get all ranty, but I strongly believe that the anti-fat diet crazes we had in the 70s and 80s are largely responsible for many of the obesity and diabetes issues we have today. Everything "Low fat" or "Non fat" basically has the fat replaced with sugar, and eating tons of sugar is much worse for you than eating fat.

Not to get all ranty, but I strongly believe that the anti-fat diet crazes we had in the 70s and 80s are largely responsible for many of the obesity and diabetes issues we have today. Everything "Low fat" or "Non fat" basically has the fat replaced with sugar, and eating tons of sugar is much worse for you than eating fat.
And the main issue was to sell more cooking oils. All done politically.
rant.gif

Hello JodyDI,
I dig your recipe. Most of the fat comes to the surface when the soup cools. One then may scoop it off and feed it bit by bit to the cat. Cats have a rather high fat requirement. As for cooking in our (recipe I find that 8 -12 hours in a crockpot is the best. Let the mix cool, skim off the fat (Here kitty, kitty!) then reheat the slum gullion (Betcha never heard that two word expression before - it's ancient, I heard it from my grand dad.) and enjoy!
Regards,
Neal, the Zooman

Here! Here!

Back
Top Bottom